Zimbabwe tour of New Zealand Jan-Feb 2011/12

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Fixtures:

Jan 21 - 23 Tour Match: New Zealand XI v Zimbabweans @ Harry Barker Reserve, Gisborne

Thu Jan 26 - 30: Only Test Match @ McLean Park, Napier

Feb 3: 1st ODI @ University Oval, Dunedin

Feb 6: 2nd ODI @ Cobham Oval (New), Whangarei

Feb 9: 3rd ODI @ McLean Park, Napier

Feb 11: 1st T20I @ Eden Park, Auckland

Feb 14: 2nd T20I @ Seddon Park, Hamilton

----------

Matsikenyeri in, Coventry out

Zimbabwe Squad:

Brendan Taylor, Hamilton Masakadza, Elton Chigumbura, Tatenda Taibu, Vusi Sibanda, Tino Mawoyo, Ray Price, Prosper Utseya, Christopher Mpofu, Shingi Masakadza, Malcolm Waller, Kyle Jarvis, Njabulo Ncube, Foster Mutizwa, Regis Chakabva, Keegan Meth, Graeme Cremer, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Brian Vitori, Chamu Chibhabha.

S Masakadza, Cremer & Matsikenyeri are back. Really looking forward to the series. :D

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It will be interesting now that Zims are playing a Test away from their conditions. I am obviously supporting Zimbabwe for this series too as I really like the spirit they have going around. Dont like to jinx but its all positive attitude and environment that I can feel in their dressing room. They have a good domestic setup, people are still ready to support the Zims, I am excited for their future which begins here.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both ZIM and NZ test teams have lacked respect for time element in test match arena in recent past.. so it would be interesting to see how they perform in the one-off test match.

ZIM will be drawing inspiration from their performance against the Kiwis in Harare while the Kiwis themselves will be looking to maintain test match form they showed against AUS in Hobart.

Looking forward to watching Rosco's first home series as captain of the test team.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The New Zealand team for the test should be:

1. Guptill
2. McCullum
3. Williamson
4. Taylor
5. Brownlie
6. Vettori
7. Young
8. Bracewell
9. Southee
10. Boult
11. Martin

The test is a bit of a waste of time really, because it's not going to solve any of the questions over our batsmen. For example Guptill averages 118 against Bangladesh/Zimbabwe, but against the bigger guns he only averages 25. Similarly with McCullum, he averages 60 against Bangladesh/Zimbabwe, but against the bigger guns he only averages 33. Not to mention Napier is going to be an absolute road, so I wouldn't be surprised if these guys along with Young go out and blast hundreds, and made themselves safe for the whole South Africa series.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Final Squad Announced:

Brendan Taylor (c)
Regis Chakabva
Elton Chigumbura
Graeme Cremer
Kyle Jarvis
Hamilton Masakadza
Shingi Masakadza
Stuart Matsikenyeri
Tino Mawoyo
Keegan Meth
Forster Mutizwa
Raymond Price
Tatenda Taibu
Prosper Utseya
Brian Vitori
Malcolm Waller

Chris Mpofu is injured so he won't be taking part in the tour. Sibanda has been left out because he went to play grade cricket in Australia.

The test is a bit of a waste of time really, because it's not going to solve any of the questions over our batsmen. For example Guptill averages 118 against Bangladesh/Zimbabwe, but against the bigger guns he only averages 25. Similarly with McCullum, he averages 60 against Bangladesh/Zimbabwe, but against the bigger guns he only averages 33. Not to mention Napier is going to be an absolute road, so I wouldn't be surprised if these guys along with Young go out and blast hundreds, and made themselves safe for the whole South Africa series.

I'm disappointed as well, that the test is going to be played on a flat pitch. I don't think It's a waste of time for New Zealand's batsmen though, Zimbabwe should be competitive. Our best cricket has been played in test matches, since joining the format again. It's a big blow losing Mpofu & Sibanda, but I'm excited to have Cremer back, who is an attacking spinner.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Here's whats gonna happen:
Tests:NZ win 1-0
ODIs:NZ win 3-0/2-1
T20s:I don't know and don't care either

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
There are some rumors going around that Watling might be keeping in the test. :spy

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea he's been keeping in the HRV for us recently even though McGlashan is fine

ferg512

International Coach
New Zealand news: Reece Young dropped for Zimbabwe Test | Cricket News | New Zealand v Zimbabwe | ESPN Cricinfo

I'm pretty surprised really, don't really think Young did that bad in the 5 tests he has played. I mean at least give him a good go, everyone batted like crap in Australia bar Brownlie so I think hes really unlucky. I'm also not much of a fan of van Wyk at all. Its also ludicrous that they are even considering Watling as a keeping option, I mean is he really even going to be a better batting option than Young? he looked pretty bad on that road against Zimbabwe.

Last edited:

2black2good

School Cricketer
The selectors have done the right thing in dropping Young, he looked completely lost against the aussies. also nice to see Michael Bracewell in the NZ XI, he's definitely one of our more exciting young prospects.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I can't say that I'm that disappointed to see Young go. His keeping's decent, but it's nothing special, so if he's not going to offer anything with the bat he has to go imo.

It should be good to see how the van Wyk vs Watling battle pans out over the next week, I'm pretty much on the fence atm. It's interesting that both of them are actually South Africans as well. :p

Users who are viewing this thread