Zimbabwe

Heggarty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys, I have just started a new game with Zimbabwe, although its relavievly early on in the game I dont even seem to be able to be competitive against any team.

I mean I know its obviously a challenge but is it actually possible to win anything. Anyone else alyed with zimbabwe and has any advice, ideas, squad selection or whatever.

Thanks

That's me mate. I reached the finals and lost to India though. ICC 05. 2007 WC.
They are a good One-day unit. Firstly, go for a guy called Kingsley Went. He is a pretty good bat, and his bowling is rather useful.
Next, the regulars. Streak, Goodwin, Price, Brent (Excellent OD bowler), Hondo, Vermulean. Bothwell Chapungu is only 17 when you start to game, so carry him around in your squad for a while. Gavin Ewing is excellent, can bat very well at 3 and bowl very well too. Eddie Rainsford is an excellent bowler, develop him. Ferreria and Marillier are good keepers, but Marillier's bowling is very good too. Strydom is a good batsman too.
Then, the others are your choice. Some good ones are Maungwa, Kulinga, Mutyambizi, an opener called Norman Mukondiwa I think, Hoffman, Blignaut is OK although I never used him. Glenn Barret if you really need a batsman is OK too.
Apart from those, experiment a bit, try to get some youngsters in. Watch out for the computer-generated players that occur if you are lucky at the end of a season, they are useful. I got a fast bowler called M.Callaghan. Excellent bowler.

Gavin Ewing was amazing on my game. I wasn't Zimbabwe but whenever I checked the ratings he was always in the top 10 batsman, and top 20 bowlers! Averaged close to 50 in test cricket and had a double hundred to his name.

puddleduck said:
Gavin Ewing was amazing on my game. I wasn't Zimbabwe but whenever I checked the ratings he was always in the top 10 batsman, and top 20 bowlers! Averaged close to 50 in test cricket and had a double hundred to his name.

... sigh, pitty that aint real life :-)

ZoraxDoom said:
That's me mate. I reached the finals and lost to India though. ICC 05. 2007 WC.
They are a good One-day unit. Firstly, go for a guy called Kingsley Went. He is a pretty good bat, and his bowling is rather useful.
Next, the regulars. Streak, Goodwin, Price, Brent (Excellent OD bowler), Hondo, Vermulean. Bothwell Chapungu is only 17 when you start to game, so carry him around in your squad for a while. Gavin Ewing is excellent, can bat very well at 3 and bowl very well too. Eddie Rainsford is an excellent bowler, develop him. Ferreria and Marillier are good keepers, but Marillier's bowling is very good too. Strydom is a good batsman too.
Then, the others are your choice. Some good ones are Maungwa, Kulinga, Mutyambizi, an opener called Norman Mukondiwa I think, Hoffman, Blignaut is OK although I never used him. Glenn Barret if you really need a batsman is OK too.
Apart from those, experiment a bit, try to get some youngsters in. Watch out for the computer-generated players that occur if you are lucky at the end of a season, they are useful. I got a fast bowler called M.Callaghan. Excellent bowler.

Cheers mate great advice here is my team

Wishart
Matsikenyeri
Ebrahim
Ewing
Goodwin
Vermulean
Taibu
Blignaut
Streak
Utseya
Hondo

Im trying to blood some younger players as well, hey did you know that Mark Vermulean is on death row for burning down the Zimbabwean cricket academy.

Yea.
Wishart and Matsikenyeri aren't much good. Bring in Chapungu as I said. Taibu isn't any good in this game sadly, but not much worse than the other keepers. Utseya is a batsman in this game, shockingly, and a poor offspin bowler and batsman.
Ebrahim isn't much good either.

OK cheers for the tips mate, Just bought in chapungu and he scored a century on debut.

Im playing with ashes addition so most of the old white player ie price, ervine and brent arent there.

I agree that utseya aint much chop, but is there anyone else?

Really. That's cool. I got them to the finals, you can see the screenies in that thread above, great wins and losses. It was sad to lose. Kingsley Went was brilliant there.
As for spinners, Price, Ewing and Went are enough for me. Vermulean bowls OK too.
And Ervine can't play for Zimbabwe sadly, he is Kolpak.

Last edited:
ZoraxDoom said:
Really. That's cool. I got them to the finals, you can see the screenies in that thread above, great wins and losses. It was sad to lose. Kingsley Went was brilliant there.
As for spinners, Price, Ewing and Went are enough for me. Vermulean bowls OK too.
And Ervine can't play for Zimbabwe sadly, he is Kolpak.
Yes but he foolishly wasn't in 06.

well just started a game with zimbabwe and here is my team to tour the west indies:

Vermeulen
Chapungu
Strydom
Maungwa
Kulinga
Mutyambizi
Marumisa
Ervine
Carlisle
Ferreira
Streak
Ewing
Blignaut
Rainsford
Mahwire

GrayNicolls said:
How come I can't find Kingsley Went on my game? Are you sure he's not a regen?
He is in 05 and there every time I start a game with Zimbabwe...

Users who are viewing this thread