Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I must admit I was enjoying the game pre recent patch, but the byes ATM are ridiculous, had 50+ extras in a score of just over 300. Even Ian Healy mentioned in commentary that extras was the highest scorer. Also a lot of the time, the commentary team will say 5 wides, when it's four byes, which didn't happen before.

The commentators also make a strange comment about it being the fielder’s fault that the batting team scored so many runs without hitting the ball. Maybe they’re trying to blame the ‘keeper but it doesn’t make any sense!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Is someone that immature to 'block' another humanbeing having their opinion?

I haven't been here long and I am just figuring out there are some excessively immature people who can't communicate and spit the dummy out when they don't get their way.

Sad little world really...

Sack that. The Internet is like my kitchen window. If someone is talking shite outside, I'm going to close it

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone of u think that this making and breaking of things with patches is done deliberately by Big Ant to minimize their lose because of pirated game.
Nobody will crack the game unless it is working smoothly.
Hence they took a long time to fix the game(still not fixed completely).
I get that BA is a small studio but its 3+ months and game not completely fine by now.
Maybe they have set a pre deifned target of 4-5 months untill proper game to get their income by game.

Not stating this fact but this could be a possibility. Who knows !
It's Cricket 22, so still they have 9+ months to fix the game!! Am optimistic!!

Nigel Jones

School Cricketer
You using pro controls mate ?
Yes pro controls, so I'm using L1 plus forward on left stick with right stick pointed down towards 5 or 7 o'clock, I just can't seem to execute a sweep or reverse sweep..perhaps I'm timing it wrong, and I've noticed now that sometimes the batsman just leaves the ball so it hits the pad

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Sack that. The Internet is like my kitchen window. If someone is talking shite outside, I'm going to close
The art of deflection and redirecting back onto a steady track is lost then?
Post automatically merged:

The commentators also make a strange comment about it being the fielder’s fault that the batting team scored so many runs without hitting the ball. Maybe they’re trying to blame the ‘keeper but it doesn’t make any sense!
I would turn the commentary off, you've heard it for the first hour then it gets cliched and boring.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Is the analysis of pitch by the commentators right in the beginning of the match ? I rely on them for my Big XI matches. No harm done so far , but just wanted to know what you guys think ?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Pretty sure I've still never had a single line of commentary on for any BA cricket game.

I know I won't enjoy it, so it's the first thing I turn off, day one.

I will say, I do quite enjoy the menu music in this year's game. That can have a thumbs up for me :thumbs
I'm the same with commentary. Its first thing to go off. From what I've heard though from other videos, David Gower should have been the main caller and not Atherton. Gower sounds more natural, probably because this isn't the first game he's worked on.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Pretty sure I've still never had a single line of commentary on for any BA cricket game.

I know I won't enjoy it, so it's the first thing I turn off, day one.

I will say, I do quite enjoy the menu music in this year's game. That can have a thumbs up for me :thumbs
They do repeat the lines over and over and then they all sometimes have the same lines so it goes off.

Mary English is the 'poster' girl next door to many lads on here, I guess?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
They do repeat the lines over and over and then they all sometimes have the same lines so it goes off.

Mary English is the 'poster' girl next door to many lads on here, I guess?
MLB The Show FTW, again.

I'll always remember one of the first MLB games I had, probably ten or so years ago, had a commentary line that still sticks with me now.

It was for a pitcher called Cole Hamels, who then was playing for Philadelphia. I was using him for a game in San Diego, and during one of the early innings the co-commentator chimed in with, "No doubt Hamels will want to have a good outing today, with family and friends in attendance. Growing up in San Diego and attending High School in the area." Probably not word for word, but it was to that effect pretty much.

I mean, that is a singular line of commentary than can be used with 1 single player from around 1,000 across the league, in one specific stadium of one team out of 30.

And I still remember it now, 10+ years later.

We just need Big Ant to have Sony's budget now, sorted!

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I've not played much in the past 10 days due to work but since I installed the latest patch the game has been absolutely throttling my pc when running, to the point where I can't really do anything else with it (like check work emails) when the game is running. Also the frame rate and load times have absolutely tanked for me.

Is anyone else noticing any of this?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I've not played much in the past 10 days due to work but since I installed the latest patch the game has been absolutely throttling my pc when running, to the point where I can't really do anything else with it (like check work emails) when the game is running. Also the frame rate and load times have absolutely tanked for me.

Is anyone else noticing any of this?
Performance wise its been the same for me. This is the rare occasion I would say do post a support ticket with your pc specs, and any specific part of the game or the whole thing in general throttles your cpu/gpu.

Users who are viewing this thread