England tour of South Africa 09/10

At the moment? He averages 45 in List A cricket from 152 games, and 44 in 135 FC games. I'd say that's showing form for abit longer than 'at the moment'. I think Trott would get in the SA side ahead of Petersen. Such a class act, has just taken to International cricket with such ease. Next Mussey tbh.

Awesome performance from England yesterday. Collingwood and Trott were excellent, timed the chase perfectly. I'm really liking our batting order atm, well the top order anyway. I'd say Strauss, Trott, Pietersen, Collingwood and Morgan is a genuinely competitive One Day batting line-up, it's got everything. Speed of scoring from KP and Morgan, consistency of Strauss and Collingwood and the excellence of Trott. Just Prior I've got a problem with, although hiding him at 6 should be fine for the moment.

Bowled alright as well, bar Rashid and Mahmood. Colly and Trott did a good job, as did Luke Wright and Jimmy Anderson did his usual good job. Was a good performance, hopefully it continues. Definitely got the upper hand on South Africa in ODi's atm.

Well personally I don't think petersen should be in the side. I believe Rillee Rossouw should be ahead of him. Also don't be surprised if a certain mister gibbs comes back to bat at number 5 .

a Bit to early to be calling trot the next hussey, 2 odi's and 1 test is hardly enough . He has started well though.

Trot is a good solid player but he isn't better than what we have. He isn't a super star like KP that we missed out on.

Well personally I don't think petersen should be in the side. I believe Rillee Rossouw should be ahead of him. Also don't be surprised if a certain mister gibbs comes back to bat at number 5 .

a Bit to early to be calling trot the next hussey, 2 odi's and 1 test is hardly enough . He has started well though.

Trot is a good solid player but he isn't better than what we have. He isn't a super star like KP that we missed out on.

Ah finally someone on this forum that knows something about talent, Rossouw is going to be such a good batsmen, really excited about him.

I think Riley is still a bit raw. He has got plenty of talent to dismantle teams but I wouldn't want to bring him in too early, I don't want to expose him to test cricket too early and ruin his confidence. With him and Vandlier and Parnell and Rusty and tstsobe, out future looks bright.
Yeah, gibbs has being called back for the final two ODI's, I don't know who they would drop for him, the batsman that failed were the players they would never drop.

I think Riley is still a bit raw. He has got plenty of talent to dismantle teams but I wouldn't want to bring him in too early, I don't want to expose him to test cricket too early and ruin his confidence. With him and Vandlier and Parnell and Rusty and tstsobe, out future looks bright.
Yeah, gibbs has being called back for the final two ODI's, I don't know who they would drop for him, the batsman that failed were the players they would never drop.

Test cricket I agree with you. But I don't see an issue exposing him to odi cricket.

Test cricket I agree with you. But I don't see an issue exposing him to odi cricket.

I was talking about test cricket. T20 or ODI cricket is fine but I wouldn't know who he would come in, in place of.It's hard to drop Amla after he batted well and you can't drop Smith.

I don't mean to be a twat but me on Trott was the most right a human being has ever been.

I don't think we can really judge Trott until we have to chase a big total. It's all very well having him anchor a chase of 250, but if we need 350 or something, we can't afford to be carrying a guy scoring 70 off 100 balls or similar. In short, jury still very much out for me at the moment. Good start though.

Huh? Based on one innings where we only needed 5 an over, people are starting to question the possibility of him not being able to score at a higher rate?

Huh? Based on one innings where we only needed 5 an over, people are starting to question the possibility of him not being able to score at a higher rate?

If you'd care to actually read my post, I said we won't be able to judge him until we see whether he is capable or not. I didn't say that he couldn't do it, I just said I'd have to see it before we class him as some superstar or whatever everyone seems to want to call him.

Morne Morkel has been added to the squad and wayne parnell is expected to be fit for the game on friday. Morkel is in as cover for langeveld who is struggling with his shoulder.

If you'd care to actually read my post, I said we won't be able to judge him until we see whether he is capable or not. I didn't say that he couldn't do it, I just said I'd have to see it before we class him as some superstar or whatever everyone seems to want to call him.

Ha, my apologies. :)

thumb_Specsavers2-UK.jpg

What's an example of a team that is good at chasing 350? I think that concern is a very small one, especially if he proves himself as purveyor of centuries.

Both teams have bowling concerns. They should just add Harmison and SA should add Ntini to their squads.

Users who are viewing this thread