Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And there it is, the troll finally comes out.

None of these are even remotely likely to happen, what a delusional post.
The last point, BCCI banning PSL players from IPL, is somewhat realistic in the case of political turbulence. It was discussed before.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
But I do think that it's a death-sentence for the PSL's relevance among the general audiences.
Disagree with this. Whatever overseas audience the PSL does have, it's mostly cricket-obsessed people who would still follow it, most likely.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Some great insights here. PS never put this out to ignite fire, just wanted to hear different opinions and thoughts which I got.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
PSL main competition is SA20, it is really good move for PSL to move April May window... May be they get few setback in Gulf country on TV rights, rest will be same as before or it may get better...

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And if most of these players play in the PSL, i’d be ecstatic

I don’t think all of them would turn up since the reason Hazlewood went unsold was because he wanted to be with his wife for the birth of his child missing the majority of the season and Billings didn’t sign up for the auction. Likewise Jamieson is injured again and so is Milne. However I do agree, there’s enough talent out there to have quality cricket. The worry would be a lack of ability to retain players that perform well like you mentioned with Brook or David. Anyone who has a standout season is likely to get an IPL deal and you’re back to finding another up and coming player or take a punt on one of the IPL flops that couldn’t hack it there.

Ramadan is the bigger factor on why I think it would be a good move. I’m not sure how big the PSL currently is domestically as a cultural thing but if they can make it significant (if it already isn’t) then having a strong domestic audience would mitigate the lack of an overseas fanbase. The best solution IMO would be to keep the PSL at six teams whilst establishing themselves in the new window, start the league a week earlier than the IPL so as to draw in a few extra eyeballs and retain them by a set of exciting games and have all teams play at their home grounds.

The last point, BCCI banning PSL players from IPL, is somewhat realistic in the case of political turbulence. It was discussed before.

It was a rumour that never came to pass. I think it’s extremely unlikely to happen and would be shooting themselves in the foot which makes it even less likely to happen.

For me if Sunil Narine don't get picked for world cup it will be a travesty for west indies cricket

Unless you’re one of the Kolkata fans on r/cricket that keep defending him to death, it should be obvious that the bloke chucks on a consistent basis and would be subjected to a lot more scrutiny at the international level.

In any case it’s not the WICB that refuses to pick him, it’s Narine choosing to stay away knowing that he will be called for it.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I don’t think all of them would turn up since the reason Hazlewood went unsold was because he wanted to be with his wife for the birth of his child missing the majority of the season and Billings didn’t sign up for the auction. Likewise Jamieson is injured again and so is Milne. However I do agree, there’s enough talent out there to have quality cricket. The worry would be a lack of ability to retain players that perform well like you mentioned with Brook or David. Anyone who has a standout season is likely to get an IPL deal and you’re back to finding another up and coming player or take a punt on one of the IPL flops that couldn’t hack it there.
I was thinking about this and if you look at football it happens to the Bundesliga all the time. The stand out players often getting hoovered up by richer clubs in Europe. It's still one of the best leagues.

Comes down accepting it's impossible to compete with the IPL. Exciting youngsters from around the world, plus a few more seasoned pros and you can still get a great tournament. You might get a few one-season wonders that might move on to the IPL but that means other players will be available. The big Pakistan names will always be there though.

The PSL also has one thing the IPL will never have:

The Tapal Tea Lounge

GGoZR40W8AAWOsx.jpg:large

Users who are viewing this thread