Knockout Comp:- Semi Final 1

Radaga

International Coach
Knockout Competition, Semi Final 1

Rangeela (England) vs Squiz (Sri Lanka)

Game Schedule: 1st Innings: Sunday 8th till Saturday 14th.
2nd Innings: Sunday 15th till Saturday 21st.
(Games can start earlier than scheduled, but games cannot go for longer than the allocated time.)

AI Patch: Version 6, found in the downlaods needed for Online Tournament thread.

Overs: 50

Difficulty: Hard

Venue: Old Trafford, England

Pitch: Damp

Weather: Grey, Hot

Toss won by: Sri Lanka

best of luck to both sides, should be a close match! :)

squiz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by Sanath Jayasuriya and Ian Chappell
Ian Chappell: "You've won the toss Sanath, and what have you decided to do?"
Sanath Jayasuriya: "The pitch looks like it doesn't have much in it, from a batting perspective so the obvious choice would for us to have a bowl"

Ian Chappell: "The batting top order crumbled with the exception of yourself in the last match, have you changed the lineup or done anything special to prepare for this game"
Sanath Jayasuriya: "Yeh they didn't bat too good last game did they, well they have a whole game ahead of them so i hope they can get some confidence up and get some big scores"

Ian Chappell: "The two teams are pretty even how do u think you will go"
Sanath Jayasuriya: "Yes, both teams have had an excellent series, and England will be a tough team to beat. I think if we get through the top order early, we will be able to restrict them to a total of 250-300"

Ian Chappell: "Sanath, Good Luck"
Sanath: "Thanks"

Last edited:

Radaga

International Coach
Good luck to both teams, will be a very close game, and high scoring i bet! :cool:

crick4life

International Cricketer
I would be surprised if either one of you crosses 275 mark on a damp pitch. The Ver 7.0 is going to be coming up shortly maybe we can use it for our next tourney. The patch is looking very promising with edges not carrying at times, less edges, hard to go over the top and will need very good timing to get past 250 consistently.

Well, I wanted to wish you guys but started to talk about the patch. Good luck boys make it a good contest unlike the VB series 1st finals.

squiz

International Coach
Yeh it was a shocker, hope the v7.0 can restrict us to a score under 300 most of the time.

Good Luck Rangeela

Rangeela

International Coach
is there a Old Trafford stadium in the game? or is it called something else?

jonah

International Coach
Manchester, Rangeela.
Good luck guys...but come on you England !!

Rangeela

International Coach
thx mate I was confused btwn Manchester and Nottingham

Vaughan: We are not disappointed to lose the toss. We are aware the pitch is not for ideal batting but I have full confidence on my boys. Sri Lanka is a really good team and we all know they are good run chasers. We will be looking at around 300 to give them a tough fight.

Rangeela

International Coach
Match update after 15 overs

1st ball of the inning, Vaas to Trescothick, was hit down for six at square leg. The crowd were up on their feet applauding to the magnificent shot. The openers started the inning with a dash. They took on the two opening strike bowlers and were smashing all over the ground with boundaries like there is no tomorrow. After 6 overs, England was cruising at 69/0, when Sri Lanka?s skipper decided to introduce a spinner Muralitharan. On his first over he went for 16 runs which included 3 boundaries by Solanki. So far Sri Lanka has used up 4 bowlers in first 15 overs but still unable to bring down the run rate. England has scored 148/0 after 15 overs with a run rate of almost 10. It looks like England has really done their homework. They do realize that they are facing a world class team and they have taken a very good advantage of field restrictions. Sri Lanka will be looking to break up the partnership soon to put England back in their feet.

Scorecard
England 148/0 after 15 overs
Trescothick 60*(38)
Solanki 81*(54)

Rangeela

International Coach
Ravi,

In version 7.0 will the swing/seam of the ball will be hidden? like the batting exe file one you sent me.
btwn: any luck with hiding the cursor?

crick4life

International Cricketer
There are several changes lined up for Ver 7.0 :

1. Possible less wides.
2. Easy to play front foot shots but hard to play backfoot drives.
3. Lots of singles and couples as against majority of scoring via boundries.
4. Less but reasonable edges.

I am done with ODI tweaking just need to make sure it holds good for tests.

Rangeela

International Coach
hard to play backfoot drives would be a good challenge

jonah

International Coach
D'oh, backfoot straight drive is my most proftable shot. I love it when you hit the sweet spot and it disects extra cover and mid off and races to the boundary:) .

crick4life

International Cricketer
Now youll enjoy all the shots but still have the score not soar Mike. You will be loving the front foot cover drive or an ondrive now:) . Maybe you will need to reorganize your batting again with the new patch, it wont take too long mind you, just losing a game or two;)

Radaga

International Coach
Originally posted by Rangeela
is there a Old Trafford stadium in the game? or is it called something else?
Oh sorry Rangeela, i should have put that it was called Manchester.
sorry mate. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread