RUGBY New Rugby union games

Yeah I know what you mean, seems dubious, along with the passing system like always. Hopefully it still rocks, since it'll be the one I'm getting atm.

+ Rugby World Cup 11' trailer 23/7 here.

I think maybe they're just showing that so that they can show how advanced the animations are, instead of the player just collapsing as soon as they get tackled, but I agree with what you're saying

It's a bit too much like Rugby League 2 for my liking, that stop/start feeling, doesn't really genuinely flow.:( If only they took EA Sports' gameplay and had all the same teams as Rugby Challenge, WITH full licensing - would be so good.

The HB game looks average, all the players seem to just run around following the ball like in 08! Hopefully the demo can prove me wrong, but then again I'd rather buy one game than two.

Apparently theres no player development in Rugby Challenge in franchise mode.

What an overlook.

RWC 2011 releasing this Friday.
RC gets released on 2nd of September in NZ on Ps3 and Xbox360 and on the 8th of September in SA and AUS. No info on the release date of the pc version. Only that it will be available on Steam. :yes

Both games on sale tomorrow! Rugby Challenge currently outselling RWC 10 to 1 in NZ

Rugby challenge is bloody awesome, all I expected and more.

I've heard that they're both pretty bad, with RWC absolutely terrible

Thats a shame if they are, I played RWC demo and it was pretty much just rugby 08, but had some high hopes for RC.

Yeah downloaded the RWC 11' demo, just the same. Shocking really. Tasked with delivering a brand new, next-gen rugby game for a solid community and thats all they can come up with. Deadset, its Rugby 08 with sub-standard 'next-gen' graphics - rubbish.

But yeah, I'm scouring threads for Rugby Challenge impressions. I'm just interested in Franchise mode. Only reason I'd be playing it tbh.

I was reading what the developers of RWC2011 were saying, it was meant to be completely different to 08 and a big jump in rugby gaming. Sounds the same old rubbish without World League aka Rugby 08 is better.

Users who are viewing this thread