Story South Africa's One Day Circuit

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
cricket-south-africa-2876.gif

South Africa will face a gruelling One Day adventure in Asia against all of Asia's top challenging teams

South Africa will know they can achieve their goals in One Day Cricket after they beat Australia 3-2 earlier this year but that was in their own back yard and they will face a different prospect in the Sub Continent

One Day Warm Up

Bangladesh v South Africa at Dhaka on September 1st

3 Match ODI Series Against Sri Lanka Presented by Indian Oil

1st ODI Sri Lanka v South Africa at Colombo on September 5th
2nd ODI Sri Lanka v South Africa at Colombo on September 8th
3rd ODI Sri Lanka v South Africa at Colombo on September 9th

5 Match ODI Series Against India Presented by TVS

1st ODI India v South Africa at Mumbai on September 15th
2nd ODI India v South Africa at Dehli on September 17th
3rd ODI India v South Africa at Bangalore on Septemebr 19th
4th ODI India v South Africa at Kanpur on September 21st
5th ODI India v South Africa at Kolkatta on September 23rd

5 Match ODI Series Against Pakistan Presented by Samsung

1st ODI Pakistan v South Africa at Karachi on October 1st
2nd ODI Pakistan v South Africa at Peshawar on October 5th
3rd ODI Pakistan v South Africa at Rawalpind on October 9th
4th ODI Pakistan v South Africa at Lahore on October 12th
5th ODI Pakistan v South Africa at Lahore on October 13th

sky1.jpg

Sky Sports - Will they or won't they?

Sky Sports have already won rights to show South Africa in India as they won the rights to televise India's home matches for 5 years earlier this year but Sky face stiff competiton on the broadcasting rights for the Sri Lankan and Pakistani series

Benfically if sky win the the rights for the whole of South Africa One Day Circuit this benefit them big as already a big population of indian community lives in England and they will want to see how India will do in the competiton. also a large number of sri lankan, Pakistani and Bangladesh community also live in England so all the numbers are adding up here for a Sky bid. Sky will receive large number of sales because of this

although fox sports have shown interest in this series and so have other broadcaster like SET MAX, Super sport and Ten Sports

Sky can easily out bid all of their rival broadcasters but this is a waiting game they wish to play

Sky will have to act quickly if they want to televise the the Sri Lankan and Pakistani Phase of this tournament

Im James Howard reporting for Fox Sports

Go South African's :happy :happy :D, Looking forward to your story mate! oDI's are always interesting to watch :p.

sky1.jpg

Sky Sports bag the Rights

Sky Sports have won the rights to televise the whole One Day Circuit

SKy Sports have unveiled their commentary team for the series

One Day Warm up - South Africa v Bangladesh

David Gower, Nasser Hussain, Ian Botham, Barry Richards, Michael Holding and Michael Atherton

3 Match ODI Series v Sri Lanka

David Gower, Nasser Hussain, Ian Botham, Arvinda de Silva, Michael Holding, Michael Atherton and Mike Haysman

5 Match ODI Series v India

David Gower, Nasser Hussain, Ian Botham, Sanjay Manjrekar , Michael Holding, Michael Atherton and Mike Haysman

5 Match ODI Series v Pakistan

David Gower, Nasser Hussain, Ian Botham, Ramiz Raja, Michael Holding, Michael Atherton and Mike Haysman

LOL where are all the test matches. Good luck and welcome back mate. Hope your new story progress unlike my other 3 which stopped half way through.

Welcome to Dhaka

bb.jpg

Gower- There are Dark Clouds about. Let?s hope there are no signs of rain
Well this is South Africa's only warm up of the series. It?s a big opportunity for them to get used to the conditions as they will be similar in India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan

Gower- I have Barry Richard along side me who will also be commentating for sky. Barry how important is this match for South Africa for the context of the whole series

Barry ? This is a very Big match for South Africa as they are not use to Asian pitches as they are spin friendly. South Africa has generally been very poor in facing spin. For me they have to play the Bangladesh spinners very well today to prepare them for the likes of Anil Kumble, Danish Kaneria and the deadly Murali.

Gower ? This is a very good South African Side Barry they recently beat the likes of Australia and their last one day tour in Asia was last year against India which they drew 2-2

Barry ? Yes David but the series against Australia was in south African seamer friendly pitches. The likes of Shaun Pollock, Ntini and Nel really have to dig deep in this series to help their side get on top of the likes of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Inzi and Jayasuriya

Gower ? As we look at these Asian teams all of the sides have quality spinners. It a department in which South Africa really lacks in. do they have and spinners that can cause trouble here?

Barry ? Yes David because of the weather and friendly seaming pitches in South Africa it does not encourage spinners for us. Although we do have Nicky Boje who I think has really matured as a spinner in the last year. We also have new talent Botha and it will be really interesting to see how he copes here, also we have Rudolph and Smith to pitch in with heir part time bowling. So if spin is required we can use it but I agree our spin bowling is very weak compared to the opposition.

Gower ? Well South Africa don?t look competitive in the spinning department but they do have one of the world best pace attack.

Barry ? Yes David Ntini, Pollock, Nel and Steyn are match winners. Pollock with his accuracy, Nitni with his Bounce and pace. Nel with his sharp seam movement and Steyn with his sharp pace and reverse swing, I am really excited with Dale Steyn. This Boy is capable of bowling in the 90mph range and can swing the ball he looks the danger man with Nitni. I predict that Ntini, Steyn, and Nel will be the wicket takers and Pollock to tie one end up with his accuracy

Gower- well Barry whats your prediction for this one. South Africa or Bangladesh?

Barry- Well its South Africa for me but don?t be surprised if Bangladesh do well here. After all they caused Australia problems earlier this year.

Gower- Indeed

Well stay tuned as we have Michael Holding and Ian Botham with the pitch report next

Remember this match can be viewed on Sky Sports 1 and our very New Sky Sports HD

sky1big.png

200px-SkySportsHD.jpg

Bangladesh Opt to Bat

Toss and Pitch Report

Welcome for the toss I have both captains standing here and the match referee, Heads is the call by the Bangladeshi Skipper and heads it is
So habibul what?s your decision??

Habibul- we will have a bat and put as much as runs on the possible then hopefully put the south Africans under pressure.

Holding ? Thank you and good Luck, so Graeme are you happy fielding?

Smith ? Yes I think our boys can grab a few quick wickets and put them under pressure. This wicket still looks good for 2nd innings chase. So I am happy

Holding ? Thank you Graeme and best of luck. Well there you have it Bangladesh elect to bat and the South Africans are happy with chasing. Now here is Ian Botham with the Pitch report

04bangalore.jpg

Botham- Thank you Michael, this is a very dry wicket it should last 100 overs but I have to agree with Graeme here these type of pitches are useful for chasing. There is not much in it for the seamers although there is cloud cover so we should expect the ball to swing early in the first 10 overs but then expect a lot of overs to be bowled by the slow medium pacers and the spinners. I would actually bowled here first as the cloud gather might gradually move away later on today taking the swing factor out of the game.

Botham ? I put South Africa as strong favourites I think there batsman should chase down a relatively good score here. Par score on this wicket looks 260+ anything above that is a bonus

Last edited:
Atherton?s Final Verdict

atherton.jpg

South Africa?s Statistics in Asia

Pakistan v South Africa

Pakistan have played South Africa 10 times in ODI?s in Pakistan with Pakistan winning 5 and South Africa winning 5

South Africa?s last series ODI win in Pakistan was in 2003 when Pakistan won the first 2 ODI?s and lost the last 3. South Africa wins 3-2

My Verdict ? South Africa to win against Pakistan 3-2. It looks like South Africa has a good record in Pakistan and especially with Pakistan failing miserably in England their confidence will be low.

India v South Africa

India have played South Africa 19 times in India with India winning 11 times and South Africa winning 8 times

South Africa?s last win in a ODI series was 3-1 against India way back in 1996 the titan cup since then they have lost in India.

My Verdict ? India to win 4-1. South Africa has really struggled in India. With India in top form in ODI cricket South Africa will find it hard to defeat them in their own back yard.

Sri Lanka v South Africa

Sri Lanka have played South Africa 11 times in Sri Lanka with Sri Lanka winning 9 times and South Africa have only ever won once in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is the worst touring country for South Africa in World Cricket today.

Their last series in Sri Lanka South Africa where walloped 5-0
South Africa has never won an ODI series in Sri Lanka

My verdict ? Sri Lanka to win 2-1. South Africa has a poor record in Sri Lanka and I can see Murali exposing their middle order

Bangladesh v South Africa

Bangladesh have played South Africa twice in Bangladesh with South Africa winning both games

My verdict- South Africa to win 1-0 I cannot see the Proteas losing this one

Nasser?s Main Men

nasser_hussain.jpg

For Bangladesh

Mohammed Ashraful

mo.jpg

This boy can bat he showed it last year in the NatWest series against Australia and England. With that famous victory by Bangladesh over Australia Ashraful scored a brilliant 100 against the Aussies. More of the same by Ashraful today may put Bangladesh in a match winning position.

Mashrafe Mortaza

mas.jpg

This boy is Bangladesh?s best seam bowler. He can swing and the seam the ball he is a threat to any opposition. He may grab a few early ones against the Proteas if he can Swing the ball

South Africa

Dale Styen

sten.jpg

I saw Dale play against New Zealand earlier this year. Let me tell you he is a real quicky, he is an Australian version of Brett Lee very pacy and can swing the ball both ways, on his day Steyn can rip through the Bangladeshi attack.

Justin Kemp

kemp.jpg

This lad is a match winner he has the potential to take South Africa from 200 in the 40th over to 290 after 50th over. I can really see him doing well against all 4 Asian teams. He really hurt England in the ODI series in South Africa early 2005 and he put bullet through the Australians earlier this year. He just needs to learn to adapt to the situation and if he learns that well we may have Lance Klusener number 2

Users who are viewing this thread