TV Graphics tutorial by Voldemort

Good info there.I want to know about transparancy.i.e how to make the tga image appear semi transparant in-game.

BgColor = "ffffffff"

so for making it semitransparant I should set the last ff values to 50??

The last value takes from 0 to FF. For example 0 means completely transparent 80(128) means 50% transparent and FF(255) mean 0% transparent or 100% opaque

Menu Editing Help!!!!

As menu editing is similar to TV graphics editing ,I'm asking a help in menu editing.

I wanted to put the changing team logos in the quit game screen.
So I added a text button with the following code:

Code:
<TextButton ID = "100"
			BgColor = "fffffffff"
			Color = "ffffffff"
			Font = "font1"
			FontSize = "12"
			xPos = "050"
			yPos = "240"
			Width = "128"
			Height = "128"
			Depth = "5.000000"
			Text = ""
			Texture = "b_aus"
			UpID = "155"
			DownID = "155"
			RightID = "155"
			LeftID = "155"
			Justify = "0"
			>
		</TextButton >

The probelm is that it is static,i.e it shows only Australia logo,it does not change.What should be done so that it not static?

Last edited:
This is how the code appears for the logos in the main menu:
Code:
<TextButton ID = "200"
			BgColor = "fffffffff"
			Color = "ffffffff"
			Font = "font1"
			FontSize = "12"
			xPos = "420"
			yPos = "180"
			Width = "128"
			Height = "128"
			Depth = "6.000000"
			Text = ""
			Texture = "b_aus"
			UpID = "155"
			DownID = "155"
			RightID = "155"
			LeftID = "155"
			Justify = "0"
			>
		</TextButton >

It's almost identical unfortunately. Therefore try looking at some of the other text buttons in the the main menu as well for clues.

Here is the second part of the tutorial. It is not much informattive so use the tips given in the thread as well.

bharat said:
The probelm is that it is static,i.e it shows only Australia logo,it does not change.What should be done so that it not static?

The problem is that "texture=b_aus" states that the image that should come is as only the Australian logo, as b_aus in the Bats folder has only one image. So you can type in b_aus there.

Last edited:
Please ignore the first one that i posted it is not right.

Last edited:
sohummisra said:
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but how do you remove the shadows from under the text?
I don't think anyone managed to do that...

Then how come some TV patches do not have the same? A patch I am working on is impossible to read because of this problem.

Its because of the text color, if the menu text color is going to be black then it will be harder to read.

Users who are viewing this thread