Updated Player Editor

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am currently working on updating my Player Editor to allow people to change some new aspects of the game.

I require some people to test the editor for me. I have found some data which seems to relate the the lines and lengths that the bowlers bowl, but I need lots of people to mess around with the data and see if we can figure out exactly what each bits of the new data do.

Also I need some testing on swing/seam movement data.

Does anyone know if offspin bowlers have stats for drift in/out or just amount of drift?

There are also a couple of other anomolous pieces of data which I would like to be tested.

The final thing is the lineup editor which will be added to the game, and also the ability to edit team data, such as the team name, short name, batting bowling and fielding stats.

If there is enough interest then I will put the test version up for download.

Let me know if you're interested by posting here.

Cheers,

Tom

I'll test it, I'm always trying to edit Brian Lara and I've probably re-installed the game 6 or 7 times already!

Yep I now do that but sometimes even if I do backup files like when I edited stumps even when I backed-up to original stumps.pcm file it still managed to crash!

That's terrific news! This is maybe a bit cheeky of me, but would you mind documenting the new bytes for us at some point? :)

Nope, I overdosed on chocolate :), my re-install count is now up to 8 after having problems with - a Player Editor. I'm in need of a new one :p

I`m willing to test and it isnt the first time i am beta testing something

cheers

Aitzaz Hussain

I've had a long and detailed look into the seam and swing aspects of the game, and....

It seems that it is impossible to alter the amount of seam and swing a bowler gets. I'm not sure that the normal (i.e. not career players) have varying amounts of swing and seam.

I have figured out all the values for spin and drift, which is odd.

Anyway, my new editor (test version) will be ready in a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread