Tutorial Bowling Tips

D

Dutch

Where do you bowl to get the LBW and nicks to the keeper?
Pitching it outside of off stump either gets them leaving it, spooning a catch to cover or smashing me to the fence.

I am either bowling on off stump with an inswinging delivery (after initiating a straight ball) which gets me some LBW's or I am using the slower ball directly at middle stump which deceives one every now and then. Although I have had my fair share of being smashed!!! (Some of it by you!:D)

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I bowl at off stump on a good length, just as the reticule changes from yellow to light green, stock ball straight or swinging away, then swing one in with the power slightly less than perfect. This method works well for me in tests, in a game yesterday i managed 5 lbw shouts in an innings, though they were all turned down( 4 were about a foot outside off, but one i swear was plumb and swear i did, even hawkeye agreed with me)but more surprisingly i managed 3 bowleds.Gas if yr reading, have you managed to get an lb yet fella???

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maybe a noob question, but how to change the speed of the delivery? I know how to bowl with the 'slower delivery' option, but is there any way to change the pace of, say a swinging delivery?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Basically stop the meter before it hits perfect. General rule of the is the more yellow the marker is, the more the computer allows you get away with a less than perfect ball, but never stop the power bar in dark green as no matter how perfect the aim, it will get spanked, like a free drinks tab..

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I bowl at off stump on a good length, just as the reticule changes from yellow to light green, stock ball straight or swinging away, then swing one in with the power slightly less than perfect. This method works well for me in tests, in a game yesterday i managed 5 lbw shouts in an innings, though they were all turned down( 4 were about a foot outside off, but one i swear was plumb and swear i did, even hawkeye agreed with me)but more surprisingly i managed 3 bowleds.Gas if yr reading, have you managed to get an lb yet fella???

Hey man, no lbw's yet. I'll never get one, the gods just won't allow it.

I did get one bowled the other day doing your trick about the off cutters. However it has never worked again, not even once.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Ive got LBWs with swinging the ball back into the left handers varying the pace.

Bowled I can get easily with off spinner, can get like 3-4 every match

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Ive got LBWs with swinging the ball back into the left handers varying the pace.

I have done this, but i find as soon as i do the slower inswinger, it just gets dispatched for 4 or 6.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
I have done this, but i find as soon as i do the slower inswinger, it just gets dispatched for 4 or 6.

Yes if you bowl too slow the AI will just murder you. What I mean is try varying the pace from hitting the meter just on the line between no ball and yellow and stopping the meter in the middle of the light shade green. If that makes any sense and keep a man at mid on as you can go for quite a few runs trying to bowl that line.

Also if you playing on a bouncy wicket like Brisbane you will never get it. Try somewhere like Cape Town or the Caribbean on day 3 or 4 if your lucky enough if a test match lasts that long

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Oh yes, oh yes.

I'm having some success. Just got a bowled hitting the top of off stump, and a lbw from a inswinging yorker bowled by Super Jimmy Anderson. Fast full and in-swing, batsmen played the wrong line and it was as plum as Colins Scottish testicles. Video coming soon.;)

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Oh yes, oh yes.

I'm having some success. Just got a bowled hitting the top of off stump, and a lbw from a inswinging yorker bowled by Super Jimmy Anderson. Fast full and in-swing, batsmen played the wrong line and it was as plum as Colins Scottish testicles. Video coming soon.;)

For the LBW and Bowled did the batsman play way too early?

It just looks so awful when the play something so early and then get bowled by it

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
For the LBW and Bowled did the batsman play way too early?

It just looks so awful when the play something so early and then get bowled by it

Nope played the wrong shot and wrong line. My most satisfying wicket ever.

Started a new thread in deserved dedication of it. Watch the video.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Nope played the wrong shot and wrong line. My most satisfying wicket ever.

Started a new thread in deserved dedication of it. Watch the video.

Nice, Did you manage to get a video of it then?

lord

School Cricketer
how do you swing the ball on ps3? and is it the same to drift with spinners?

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tried to get an LBW or Bowled for like 20 overs with all fast fast medium off spin and leg spin not success at all :mad:, I was trying to move ball in to right and left handers and just moving the balling mark before the ball is picthed.

Any Ideas or better some help with some screen shots of picthing line and lenght.

Users who are viewing this thread