8th Match: England v South Africa (Group B)

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh well. I hope next time SA play England and England need a runner, no matter how genuine I hope like hell they don't give them one. Even though i'm sure they still will because SA play in the spirit of the game.

^ Didn't he ask when he was on 120? lol

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The umpire was shaking his head and saying no when Smith was asking as well tbf. Strauss shouldn't cop abuse for this, especially given the sportsmanship he showed in the Mathews incident the other night. Don't see why cramp should mean he deserves a runner. If he was genuinely injured then fair enough, but he wasn't.

Anyway, more importantly, we're in the semis =D Who could have expected that? Beaten Sri Lanka and South Africa. Just hope we beat the Kiwi's now, we never seem to play well against them in ODi cricket.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Poor SA de ja vu of the 03 WC all over again. Don't know what transformed this English side from 6-1 losers to beating SL and SA.

Sureshot

Executive member
Cramp isn't an injury it's a fitness issue. Besides, it's so easy to stop it's his own fault for being careless.

As others have said, umpires weren't fussed.

Anyway, back on topic.

Great performance by the lads again. What happened with Prior? Can't find owt.

How did Morgan keep? He was brilliant with the bat.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Prior was ill I think. Morgan missed a stumping and that was about it. A few fumbles here and there but he did pretty well considering he's not a keeper.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
What a pointless tournament. You win two games and you're through to the Semi-Finals? It's not like there was a qualification stage beforehand. Why do we even bother with it?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
What a pointless tournament. You win two games and you're through to the Semi-Finals? It's not like there was a qualification stage beforehand. Why do we even bother with it?

Lol, the FIFA World Cup is like that. Should we scrap that?

Users who are viewing this thread