Bangladesh - Being Bangladesh!

Come on people, User2010 has just said what he felt and as a supporter of Bangladesh(I mean User) we must care for his feeling and dedication to support his team as we all do of our respective country.

I know India defeated Bangladesh by a huge margin and played awesomely well but come on face the truth we all were scared before the match started on what would happen.

Anyways , they are not the contenders as they will not Qualify for QF but they are definitely not a weak side

Bangladesh beware Ireland on Friday.... :-)
Hey mate, should be a great game that. :thumbs

----------

Come on people, User2010 has just said what he felt and as a supporter of Bangladesh
Yeah, this is just because I support Bangladesh. People have started bashing as though I've done something wrong. Practically I know what was expected, being a fan I just support Bangladesh. Indian supporters (many of them) just take it the other way and start having a go instead to have a discussion. I'm also an Indian and love my national team (India) in a better way than many of you do. I don't have a dig at them if they don't perform.

Even though I've always been criticizing the Bangladeshi side, on a serious note, I truly feel that they will qualify for the QFs and might just go into the semis too.

Yes, I think WI might have a tough time against the Bangladeshis in Bangladesh. But BD have to prepare the Mirpur pitch more to their strengths. They can't afford to roll out a belter like they did for the India game. Their strength lies in choking the opposition with spin, so preparing spin-friendly pitches and batting first should be the way to go.

I know Shakib was concerned about the dew undoing his spin-heavy attack but we saw very little dew in the India game, and I think that trend will continue.

Keeping in mind that neither WI nor England are particularly great players of spin, or at least not at the same level as Indian players are, I think BD would be in with a chance. If either of those teams fails to bring their A-game to the table, that is BD's ticket to the quarters right there.

They are the underdogs, dark horses, people call them not me! They are Bangladesh, they are the Tigers, the brave, I call them! The passion, the attitude to win, to play for each other defines the young Bangladeshi team (for me) ahead of the World Cup 2011.

I'm a fan, a fanatic of Bangladesh Cricket Team. I don't go deep into statistics, they can be misleading. Every team enjoys it's highs and has it's lows. Bangladesh have done with the lows and now is the time to move ahead, go far. They have the arsenal, the fire power, almost everything that takes a team to be called 'contenders' rather than 'minnows'.

Led by a young and thinking skipper, Shakib Al Hasan, Bangladesh look a formidable unit. Likes of Tamim Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees at the top of the order followed by Ashraful, Raqibul, and Shakib himself in the middle order make Bangladesh a solid batting unit. All have the potential, now is the time to deliver.

With the spin department packed, Bangladesh have the bowlers to stop the runs during the middle phase of an innings. Pace bowling is inexperienced but, doesn't mean they cannot do a good job. People want revenge, they want them to get smashed, all I want is to see them fight and push other teams. They need to prove the wins in the previous edition weren't just flukes but, their hard work. How can they do that? Well, certainly by being consistent and playing to their potential.

They have no pressure, no one expects them to do well except for fans like me. They need to take this as a positive and move on, show the world what they are made of. They surely can do that. They don't have the 'big names', they aren't blown away by the 'big money', they have the passion, the passion to make it big, to make their country proud. I put them in my list to go the distance during this World Cup. Though, in doing so, they might even get people banned from Internet forums.

You know I read this everyday and it makes me laugh :) . Just the first para is enough to set me snickering .

God bless you User2010 from bringing such joy :lol:lol:lol:lol

I suggest User2010 to change the thread title with immediate effect . Else , this turns out to be a jokes thread for the others :p

Every team enjoys it's highs and has it's lows. Bangladesh have done with the lows and now is the time to move ahead, go far. They have the arsenal, the fire power, almost everything that takes a team to be called 'contenders' rather than 'minnows'.

And LMAO at that para of yours :lol

----------

Even though I've always been criticizing the Bangladeshi side, on a serious note, I truly feel that they will qualify for the QFs and might just go into the semis too.

Yes, I think WI might have a tough time against the Bangladeshis in Bangladesh.

Proves the point Indian supporters were afraid of Bangladesh atleast once during the curtain opener :p

Last edited:
Wow, I just wrote what I felt before the start of the World Cup. It is not that it was certain that they will do well. It is Cricket, the game, for sake of it, one has to win and other has to lose.

The forum needs some mature people really, it seems people can't take what others think. Being a fan of of Bangladesh Cricket Team, I just wrote this from a fan's perspective. Seriously, grow up guys. You feel you can have a laugh reading this, good for you. Go on.

They haven't done well, so that's it. I accept that I expected a bit too much but as a fan, I can. Doesn't really matter for me if you keep on posting utter rubbish here.

Spot on, User2010. Even India with likes of Sachin and Dravid have been bundled out for less than 100 in ODIs a couple of times.

Haven't you heard the revised saying, People in Cricket World Cups shouldn't throw stones.................. :thumbs

Haven't you heard the revised saying, People in Cricket World Cups shouldn't throw stones.................. :thumbs
Ptarmigan_Coat_-_Hunter_Green.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread