"See how many we get" mafia - Endgame. BKB1991, mafia, wins

I was suspicious of Mark. I felt he was playing his usual quiet game which is why I used him to deflect any night actions on myself to him. I felt no town PR's would target him and that he could be an enemy of some kind. I thought his saying he needs to be replaced explained his inactivity. Your subsequent attempt to lynch the person who can protect the watcher is desperate.

Lynch: Themer.

Hmm a Themer vs. Puddleduck thing going on here.

Themer hasn't been in the game long enough to be completely up to speed, so I find it a little strange that he said we should wait, then puts a lynch down. Not that big of a deal though considering it takes 6 to lynch and he's probably just scumhunting.

PD's claim is a little more interesting. While the claim is plausible, the two things I'm suspicious of is that the bus driver is normally mafia and generally can't self target. PD has been mafia twice before when I've played, and his general style is to remain active and create confusion by purposely misinterpreting write-ups or other people's posts. Some of his posts seemed to follow that route, but now that he's confirming that he's bus driver, they start to make a little more sense.

It does feel like two negative parties in the game from the Night 0 write-up:

-They met and made their plans. Not much to do tonight really. The storm would come.
-They laughed at the men who trusted them and planned their deaths.

Both parties seem to have more than 1 member already, so that's where I'm confused.. The Arsonist role came to mind with mentions of "burnt" and "primed" in the write-ups, but it's an individual. A Cult is really the only thing that makes sense and someone was recruited.. but who are the people trusting them or the mafia if that line is referencing them instead? Nothing really adding up for me.

Nothing much coming from Simsanta either.. In the two games that he died early, he still followed the game and was online often. In the one game he was mafia, he sat back as he's doing now.

Oh and I had no intention of claiming today, but Varun served my head up on a plate to any astute mafioso out there. Since the general consensus was that town PR's had targeted each other on Night 0, and Varun revealed that he watched me, it seems likely to me that I would be a high priority target now.

I did not target Varun however, so that leads me to believe that my target was another important town role. Watcher targeted cop, cop targeted town PR, and that is what the eminent members of the town being suspicious of each other perhaps refers to. For that reason I won't reveal my Night 0 target.

As for Night 1, my investigation was on User2010. He also came up innocent.

He went through the motions and checked the man out anyway. He already knew he was innocent though.
Another night gone and more information gathered yet he wasn't really satisfied.

I investigated User because I thought he was mafia, so if that first line refers to me, then it suggests that my result was predetermined. ie. I'm naive or User is Godfather. However I feel this line refers to a mafia investigative role, since they know the innocents. I believe the second line is the one referring to me.

Without knowing what roles the mafia have, this plan could go up the creek, but it's what I've got so far:

Varun watches me tonight, so if I'm targeted by the mafia, the killer will be revealed. The JK attempts to block a kill, while I investigate another. If PD is busdriver, he can protect Varun by switching him, or at least making the mafia think he's been switched so they'll target someone else.

There's still 10 of us left, so it's bloody early for all these claims. Like I said, I had no intention of claiming until I was revealed.

I'm the prankster that keeps getting referred to. Couple of posters have mentioned it could be a bus driver.

I'm not sure how the prankster refers to a bus driver. Are you claiming to be one?

PD's claim is a little more interesting. While the claim is plausible, the two things I'm suspicious of is that the bus driver is normally mafia and generally can't self target. PD has been mafia twice before when I've played, and his general style is to remain active and create confusion by purposely misinterpreting write-ups or other people's posts. Some of his posts seemed to follow that route, but now that he's confirming that he's bus driver, they start to make a little more sense.

Bus driver is normally a town role. Yes, I don't think he can target himself. He mentioned anywhere?

I was suspicious of Mark. I felt he was playing his usual quiet game which is why I used him to deflect any night actions on myself to him. I felt no town PR's would target him and that he could be an enemy of some kind. I thought his saying he needs to be replaced explained his inactivity. Your subsequent attempt to lynch the person who can protect the watcher is desperate.

Oh, just read this. I don't think you can swap yourself with someone.. And, prankster might actually mean someone disguised as a town but is a cult/mafia maybe? And, PD mentioning a cult thing again and again makes me more suspicious of him.

FOS: PD

Varun, lol at the tun = ten thing. :p

Okay, I'm just being lazy around here. Really not feeling like posting. In my opinion, puddleduck's claim is real. Varun seems legitimate too, and since everyone is massclaiming, I'm going to go ahead and claim too.
I am the Jailkeeper.
Jailkept Manly first and then Varun.

Lol well yeah, Zhuorb was the Night 0 target that I didn't want to reveal. So now we have all 3 main roles out there, and possibly PD's, though I'm not too sold on that just yet.

Alright so..

Sedition - Cop
Varun - Watcher
Zhuorb - Jailkeeper, Innocent Night 0
User2010 - Innocent Night 1
Puddleduck - Bus driver?
Manly - Jailkept Night 0
Yudi
Simsanta
Themer
BKB1991

Good chance we lynch a mafia here. My FOS: is on Manly for now.

This all just confirms for me that themer is enemy and is why he tried to start a lynch on me. Also why mark needed to be replaced sharpish.

You're a BD, you say. Can you please share your actions for both nights? I have a null read on Themer but, the way you seem to in this game is interesting. Not sure, how you say Themer is definitely an enemy. Enemy? That's an interesting choice of word too.

Well I've tried to suggest we have a cult, to which a couple of people have taken the lame response of just saying I won't let the idea go. Well, yes, I won't because no one has really offered anything either way.

I have posted User, I switched me and Andrinisac first night, then me and Mark/Themer second night. On both nights I was "successful." I am allowed to target myself, my only restriction is I'm not allowed to target the same two people on consecutive nights. Tonight I can redirect from whoever we think is the most important town PR and put it onto any of the remaining suspicious players.

I've said enemy user, because I'm not even sure there is a mafia. I feel whoever the enemy is (cult/mafia) has a role cop. With the mass claim, I think we should be in position to win this if the enemy is mafia. With Yudi, Sim, Bkb and Themer left, my cut reaction is that BKB and Themer are mafia/Cult

I've been thinking whilst in the shower, maybe I'm wrong about cult, and instead it's a group of two masons? Town aligned but able to communicate?

----------

Just to add, I was incredibly surprised anyone figured out the role could be bus driver, so when I get back from work later, I'll be going through the entire thread to figure out who first suggested it and they could well be the mafia role cop. Will give the whole thing a read, as so much isn't adding up. Girlfriend is away too for a few days, so will be able to be much more active.

You forgot Manly amongst those guys left. I thought about Masons, but as I said, it feels like a second negative party from those two lines I quoted above. With 10 players, 4 mafia seems overkill. 3 mafia and a traitor maybe, but doesn't fit the write-up. A cult leader, a recruited party on Night 0 and 2 mafia (godfather/stalker?) is fitting the most to me right now.

It is, that's what I feel we've had despite certain players attempts to make my suggestion seem desperate. In truth it has just made them seem desperate to me. I'll be reading through this later as I said, so hopefully will have something useful.

I've quickly read back over the thread and the two guys I'm finding the least helpful in terms of quality and quantity are: Manly and Yudi

With all the claims today and a good chance of striking mafia, this is the perfect opportunity for me to lynch a bad townie or scum.

----------

Simsanta ranks a close third.

----------

I think we have to assume from the Day 0 that everyone has a role.

Everyone's analysed it to death, so I won't do the same...but I'm going to ask one point:

They laughed at the men who trusted them... What on earth? Like, it's probably referring mafia but 'laughed at'...?

Interesting.. the only line you had some thoughts on was the one that would make the mafia feel uncomfortable.

p
a
n
u
t
l
accostted

----------

Pultan? Isn't that an indian word?

Convenient opportunity to jump in first and look helpful, before falling silent until someone (me) prodded you.

I think we need to leave pultan alone; we're getting too bogged down in this typo-analysis!

Sorry for the delay I was working last night!

I don't see any reason to not-believe Varun's claim to be honest. There's been italicisation of 'watcher' in a write-up and no-one's cc-ed so that's good enough for me to clear him for the rest of the game.

I've never really seen PD play under pressure before, so I'd like to get a few votes on him. (I'm going out on the piss in a while, so unless he cracks under pressure don't hammer him!)

Lynch: PD

--

Also, if I decide it's a good idea to drunk-post, just disregard whatever I say.

Clearing someone for the rest of the game? Could be a mistake with potential recruitment roles, no?

Never seen PD play under pressure? Think we've all played a few games together now, I'd say he was put under pressure a bit in the two games he was mafia.

Also you were jailkept on Night 0, and from the write-up:

He was scared of everyone and everything but he was safer than he realised.

Who would feel unsafe on a non-lethal Night? Scum worried about being investigated? You were safer than you realised because you were jailkept and couldn't be investigated perhaps?

----------

and on a day of mass claims, Manly is not one of them? Uncharacteristic..

Hello! Back after some time. Will go through the posts once again to get a feel and post my thoughts in a while. Since claiming seems to be the theme of the day, I guess I'll claim too.
I am Hated Townie, Town Aligned. Basically I am not very popular and can be voted off with one fewer vote than normal.
My role makes me believe everyone could has some role or the other, maybe some like me which aren't powerful, but a role for the sake of it.

----------

have*

Users who are viewing this thread