"See how many we get" mafia - Endgame. BKB1991, mafia, wins

Hmm nothing from Mark, User and Varun so far? Saw the latter viewing the thread for awhile earlier.. PD and User have been around too.. too many people keeping their cards close today.

The two jailkept targets are looking dodgy to me so far, but unless someone reveals something, we're going nowhere today.

I am here. Just give me some time please, I'm onto something else. Will read the writeup later and post my views.

I'm at work, just been checking on phone. Will post my thoughts when I get home later, I have a few too.

Was out today and after coming back internet went down so sorry.

I should claim, although I haven't gathered much info. I'm the Watcher, Town Aligned, and was blocked last night (in particular 'I was unable to use my role last night'). Watched Sedition on Night 0, and didn't find anyone around him. Had watched puddleduck this night. I don't who is the one who blocked me out of the two mentioned in the writeup, but I'd say he's the implied jailkeeper as the mafia is more liable to kick a cat (dunno if that hides a clue) in frustration than me. No idea why he wouldn't like 'my type' around here, if that's a clue.

Also, pultan means a native Indian army regiment in Hindi (confirmed on google, don't know how others couldn't find it), but I'm not sure what that signals towards. I rather think it's a wordplay on something rather than just an anagram. And h, e, r, t are the letters out of the misspellings.

Nothing special in the writeup that I've noticed and hasn't been mentioned before.

His prank was primed and ready to go. He chuckled softly to himself.
Again the prankster. But, I don't really get what role this can be. Confusing.

Another night gone and more information gathered yet he wasn't really satisfied.
This is something that I can't get either. We have another investigative role it seems. Watcher and this could be a cop. Maybe both times the cop investigated a town role?

Also not sure if it's a Jailer or Jailkeeper we have, there's a couple of differences between the two on epicmafia and mafiascum. Paranoid doc is also similar, but the locked up part suggests Jailer/JK.
I don't think there's any difference in Jailer and a JK.

Sorry dudes but I can't really take part. Work is insane right now.

Shouldn't have signed up. My bad

Was out today and after coming back internet went down so sorry.

I should claim, although I haven't gathered much info. I'm the Watcher, Town Aligned, and was blocked last night (in particular 'I was unable to use my role last night'). Watched Sedition on Night 0, and didn't find anyone around him. Had watched puddleduck this night. I don't who is the one who blocked me out of the two mentioned in the writeup, but I'd say he's the implied jailkeeper as the mafia is more liable to kick a cat (dunno if that hides a clue) in frustration than me. No idea why he wouldn't like 'my type' around here, if that's a clue.

Also, pultan means a native Indian army regiment in Hindi (confirmed on google, don't know how others couldn't find it), but I'm not sure what that signals towards. I rather think it's a wordplay on something rather than just an anagram. And h, e, r, t are the letters out of the misspellings.

Nothing special in the writeup that I've noticed and hasn't been mentioned before.

Haven't read too deeply into it, but your claim seems genuine.
The kicking the cat thing could be literary and I don't think we should that much into the writeup.

And regarding the pultan thing, my google search shows no such search results.

Ok some really good analysis so far from people I think. I reckon maybe we have a vigilante for town? "They decided to keep their powder dry, to keep the hood off the brow of the headsman."

Could the powder dry/headsman be an executioner? A town role with the ability to kill?

I think the bus driver/prank role is probably town sided and there might be a role blocker on the mafia side?

Last edited:
So if Varun is telling the truth we don't gain much either way, other than there being a roleblocker of some kind in the game. The jailkeeper seems to fit... perhaps town sided? And maybe targetted Varun last night? If that was the case the kill would not have gone through and Varun would have found his role unsuccessful?

A possibility perhaps?

This is getting too much for me, theres too many possible permutations.

I think we need to go the traditional route and find out the most scummy of the lot

Is there definitely a mafia in this game? Could we be looking at a cult and a few independents?

Evening all.

I'll give the thread a proper look through to night. Will post my findings tomorrow.

Pultan? Its obviously Lupant

I haven't paid much attention to the pultan thing yet, too many other clues jumping out for me to over-analyse and screw myself up on. I didn't think Colin would put a word in another language in the game, so I was erring on there being a spelling mistake or something, making it a little bit harder than the Watcher clue.

Google asks me if I meant 'Paul Tan', some automotive guy. Bus driver reference? :spy However, I did stumble onto the page Varun mentioned

Definition of pultan | Collins English Dictionary

noun
a native Indian regiment

Native Indians are American Indians incase people are confused. Also Collins Dictionary? But even if that's the clue, I'm still not sure what it means. Too confusing and might be nothing anyway.

Another extra letter for the list too:

Commencement - burn(t), w(h)ere
Night 0 - prefer(er)ed
Day 1 - morn(r)ing
Night 1 - accost(t)ed

Until that last t and incase burnt was unintentional, it was looking like herr(ing?). Guess we'll have to wait and see what the next one provides.

As for Varun's claim, I was not expecting the watcher as the blocked target, so that kinda sucks. Seems pretty risky to fakeclaim, so I don't see any reason not to believe him at this stage.

It does look like there's a second investigative role though, probably on the mafia side, stalker or something. Might be what the "already knew he was innocent" part is referring to.

----------

Ok some really good analysis so far from people I think. I reckon maybe we have a vigilante for town? "They decided to keep their powder dry, to keep the hood off the brow of the headsman."

Could the powder dry/headsman be an executioner? A town role with the ability to kill?

I think the bus driver/prank role is probably town sided and there might be a role blocker on the mafia side?

You seem a bit off-colour again this game :p Little too confused for my liking. I think there's one important line in that write-up you're referring to, as they just describe the events of the day.

Day 1

Some suggested, some dissembled, some kept quiet.
Without clear evidence of wrongdoing the town decided to keep its powder dry, to keep the hood off the brow of the headsman.
Fearful of retribution scarce an accusation was even made.
They waited for mornring not knowing if this night would be their last.

Some suggested, some dissembled, some kept quiet..

I would say the quiet ones were: Manly, Yudi, Mark/Themer and Zhuorb.

So to me, the one(s) dissembling are among BKB, PD, Sim and User :spy

No further interest from Yudi and Manly? There's been a few posts and a claim since they jumped in at the very beginning.. can't just expect 1 post to keep you safe all day.

Users who are viewing this thread