Graphics Discussion/Help.

TheNameisNiru

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Gradient map basically uses a gradient and places it over your pic. For example if you create a black to white gradient map (always create a map from dark to light btw), it turns your image into a nice (nicer than a regular desaturated image) blac-and-white image. A bit hard to explain tbh, but it's really effective if you can use it right.

A clipping mask is a mask that allows a layer on top of another to cut itself according to the layer below. For example if you place a soft brush over a circle and use a clipping mask, the soft brush will cut itself so it's inside the circle only. If you remove the clipping mask, the brush will return to its original state. Useful for creating certain types of lighting effects.

I'm terrible a bit bad at explaining things properly, but I hope what I said above helped you. :)

And, if anyone's interested, I can do an avatar tutorial that emphasizes on stock placement, basic photo enhancement and lighting.

Do a tutorial

Viral Shah

International Coach
What's a gradient map and clipping mask and what are they used for? I need help in the respective areas, want to take my works to another level using them, but I can't grasp the basics.
Here check this out
Gradient Map
Gradient Maps | Understanding Adobe Photoshop CS6 | Adobe TV
Ben Mathis
Photoshop Tutorial: Gradient Map Tool

Clip Masking
Getting to Know Clipping Masks and Layer Masks in Photoshop :: Echo Enduring Blog - A Web and Graphic Design Blog
Photoshop Clipping Masks Tutorial

Those will help ya out and for gradient map aslo check my messi tutorial if it is still there

Rizwan_zak11

Associate Captain
Need some light textures to be used in signatures and some other too.

i'll donte v,cash for the best one.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Check my Vm^ and can any one post a screenshot that where I can find Brush Settings?
This will help you out.
accessing_brush_palette3.jpg

Photoshop Help | Creating and modifying brushes
And don't send over the vCash, thanks.:)

Last edited:

AkshayC

County Cricketer
Can anyone tell me that how to use custom shapes on an icon?

Via Pen tool !
Draw a shape over an icon then with pen tool selected right click over the path, select make selection. Since your selection is created you can fill color or may be a gradient !

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Been seing that Friendly battles has gone madly famous, so famous that it is getting confusing because there is just too much going on there.
My suggestion is that have a thread prefix of "graphic battle" or something like that, and people can just have the friendlies in their graphics thread and will be less confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread