Response from ECB regarding AC13...

After we break the glass, no matter to whom you go & report - broken glasses cannot be glued back!

Games like AC13 is going to come again & again as long as buyers are there. If you really want to change this, don't buy & don't let your friends buy. As simple as that.

It's better to be pro-active than sit on our arses and do f*ck all. If we all had that same, pessimistic mentality then nothing would get done at all.

The worst than can happen is it having no effect at all.

Ic10 had complete broken online play, that is a major fault in the modern gaming world we live in

And most of us associate ashes 13 with the same developers as ic10, yet how many of you who bought the broken product of ic10 still bought ashes 13?

A fair few i bet, the problem is people out of desperation/ obsession with cricket will buy whatever old poop is served up, that is the problem, not the ones knocking up this piss poor attempt for a game, they know there is loads of mugs who will buy it no matter what, and this forum is proof to that.

Last edited:
It is a generic response as I have had the same e-mail from the ECB.

However it is encouraging that they will look into the release of Ashes 13 and make sure their brand image is protected.

Whilst they, or CA, will be unlikely to force Steam to provide refunds to those who brought the game - we can hope that together they can prevent further sales by getting the game removed.

Hopefully for future licensed games they will be more active in ensuring that gamers are not being ripped off.

Cricket Australia have people like David Warner promoting their brand image.. I doubt they will be too fussed about this game, which looks like it has been pulled from Steam

Yeah I got the same generic response too.

It's better to be pro-active than sit on our arses and do f*ck all.

That is correct, if you had been pro-active - you wouldn't have bought the game. After buying with known fact of the game being on the worse side, why bother even complaining about it?

Cricket always stays on the skeptical side of publishers due to its sale being not so popular worldwide, and anything below than 5% of total sales should totally impact the future due to the loss they will face due to 'No/worst' sales figures. It's time for us to wake up & act right. They(505) clearly played a 'king/pro' mind game with us making available at low cost boosting their sales figures with prentence of 'nothing major happened' & this is indeed really frustrating for genuine game makers like BA crew.

You didn't get DBC until now, reason for blame is 'we, the buyers' if you ask me. Yes its we people who still go for cheap/incapable products and making a roadblock for other genuine/potential products to come inside the market.

That is correct, if you had been pro-active - you wouldn't have bought the game. After buying with known fact of the game being on the worse side, why bother even complaining about it?

Cricket always stays on the skeptical side of publishers due to its sale being not so popular worldwide, and anything below than 5% of total sales should totally impact the future due to the loss they will face due to 'No/worst' sales figures. It's time for us to wake up & act right. They(505) clearly played a 'king/pro' mind game with us making available at low cost boosting their sales figures with prentence of 'nothing major happened' & this is indeed really frustrating for genuine game makers like BA crew.

You didn't get DBC until now, reason for blame is 'we, the buyers' if you ask me. Yes its we people who still go for cheap/incapable products and making a roadblock for other genuine/potential products to come inside the market.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This guy gets it.

Sorry Biggs

why bother even complaining about it?

The Facebook page has been taken down and it appears that steam have removed it for purchase and this all down to people complaining, that's why it's worth complaining.

Erm, I haven't bought it.

If you'd have read my original post you'd have seen that only 1/3 of the content was about the actual game. The other 2/3 was regarding the way Trickstar and 505 have treated us and also the issue of the ECB allowing AC13 to be released.

Take your negativity elsewhere. How hard is it for everyone to agree that AC13 needs to be taken down and that by doing these kind of things it may happen quicker, resulting in us not only getting DBC sooner, but also us not getting treated the way we have been again. No?

Last edited:
The Facebook page has been taken down and it appears that steam have removed it for purchase and this all down to people complaining, that's why it's worth complaining.

That was my main intention when I reported Facebook page and asked my friends (at least 10 from my office have done it after seeing game-play videos)
I have put comments in on articles I got about TRASHES with gameplay video or with suggestions to check reviews first with links. Also reported images of DBC14 used for promotion of TRASHES. :mad

We are not mad for being fooled by MF/Trickstar/505 (I have not bought it but seen enough to decide, not to buy it even for free) but effort is put in for better future. I hope in future if we get any cricket game with so many promises atleast they should be worthy of 70% of they say.

I wont be surprised if MF sends his legal team and try to sue PC for defaming their perfectly awesome game which resulted in huge financial loss. Maybe thats his strategy to recover production costs.:p

Bringing up the issue of some members who bought the trAshes won't be much help now, they bought it, they complained about it, and thus led to taking down of the fb page and the game removed from steam, now they'll (505/tricksters) have to face implications from ECB and CA for their trickery. Now we don't have to worry about it realising on PC DVD for the public, we have The Only Game To Buy This Year

Your complaints paid off in the end guys

...most of us associate ashes 13 with the same developers as ic10, yet how many of you who bought the broken product of ic10 still bought ashes 13?

Exactly. I have zero sympathy for people from PC.net who brought this game, paid money and THEN want to complain about how bad it is. You void any right to whinge when you had all the right information in front of you. Those complaining about how terrible the game is, by watching videos of people suffering it on the other hand, are the smart ones. Other than folks like Matt, Barmy and others who are doing it for "Public Service" reasons... nobody else really has the right to whinge about wasting their money. Comedy purchase, for sure. But genuine grievance? I don't think so.

Sorry.

BUT, I think it's absolutely a good idea to raise awareness of how terrible the game is and if it's one thing in this day and age, it's that the power of the consumer through mediums like social media are extremely important to use when these sorts of things happen, contacting relevant stakeholders if the people making this junk have done a runner is the appropriate thing to do in this situation, if done in a professional courteous manner.

So I don't think it's a case of people having "no lives" but I absolutely agree that if you're genuinely aggrieved at losing $20 because the game is terrible and you're a member of PC.net, that is absolutely your own stupid fault for not reading the forums or researching the game correctly before buying it, which is what any consumer should do for any product. Period.

Nobody here is surprised the game is terrible, just surprised at how it's barely a game at all.

EDIT:

The best message we could have sent, funnily enough, is to simply not buy this piece of shit game... by doing nothing, you've actually been extremely effective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread