Response from ECB regarding AC13...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The best message we could have sent, funnily enough, is to simply not buy this piece of shit game... by doing nothing, you've actually been extremely effective.

God I must be ill but find myself agreeing more and more with everything Biggs says :noway

His entire last post is spot on for me

As a forum all we can do now is raise awareness of bad this game is

PC.net members who bought game then complain will get zero sympathy from me

kasabian21

International Coach
This thread isn't about who has bought it and who hasn't and ridiculing those that have. It's about coming together as a community to make a stand and make sure we as fans/consumers don't get treated like sh1t again.

I don't have any sympathy for those have bought it (despite all of the warnings), but that's done now and it can't be changed so can't we just move forward and derail the AC13 train for good?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
God I must be ill but find myself agreeing more and more with everything Biggs says...

I'm not the forum member you want, but I'm the forum member you need right now.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
You could say ASHES Cricket got SMOKED from STEAM...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As much as people say they knew this was going to be bad, really, if you took the company representatives on here at their word there is no reason not to buy it.

Purchasers may have been deluded and not reading between the lines but they are not the guilty party in the transaction. The fact that I don't lock my door is not an invitation for you to steal from me, I may be stupid but the guy who takes my stuff it is still a thief.

I say this being the party most injured since Friday, although you could say the most injured parties long term are the Ashes licensors.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
As much as people say they knew this was going to be bad, really, if you took the company representatives on here at their word there is no reason not to buy it...

If you had said that back in July and they released it, you'd absolutely be on point. I was glass-half-full then as well... but as time wore on, we started on the Mike Fegan show here with weird WIP updates and YouTube clips of him talking about things... cracks began to show in the armor. Flash forward to a emtpy-out-of-the-blue press release and the game being shoved up on steam for LITERALLY the price of a KFC Combo and a movie ticket [citation: Naveenncc] no sane person is going to think they're getting a quality cricket game.

However; Nobody had any idea just how unplayable and hopeless the game would be. Other than maybe you :yes ...and you tried to warn us. Plenty of times. Most of us listened... those that didn't, get to write off $20 in this coming tax year.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I say this being the party most injured since Friday, although you could say the most injured parties long term are the Ashes licensors.

People just want to play a decent cricket game, and if yours does that job, the truth will out eventually. AC2013 is SO bad, I can't see it being sold ever in stores, or there being too much in the way of confusion between the two

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No matter what others say (nonsympathetical side of PC members) nobody had the idea that the game would be this bad really (I think even ross is shocked)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No matter what others say (nonsympathetical side of PC members) nobody had the idea that the game would be this bad really (I think even ross is shocked)

i don't think anyone is arguing that they knew it would be this bad. what we are saying is there were plenty of signs that it was going to be bad enough not to buy, and plenty of reasons not to support this developer by buying.

everyone thinks the game is terrible by an incomprehensible order of magnitude.
everyone thinks the publisher/developer have behaved shamefully in releasing something in this state.
everyone thinks pressure should be applied to 505/ECB/CA/Steam to kill the game.

however, some of us also think that PC members should have been savvy enough not to buy this game, and therefore aren't particularly deserving of sympathy.

the fact is, if this game was just good enough to be playable, it would still have been crap, the developer's behaviour would still have been terrible, but by buying it you and others like you were saying "fine, we don't care what crap you give us or how bad you treat the community we just want a cricket game" - which is precisely the attitude that leads to crap cricket games being released, so i have no sympathy for that.

do i want this game taken down and killed? yes. oh god yes.
do i care that you wasted $20 on it? not even a little bit.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
i don't think anyone is arguing that they knew it would be this bad. what we are saying is there were plenty of signs that it was going to be bad enough not to buy, and plenty of reasons not to support this developer by buying.

everyone thinks the game is terrible by an incomprehensible order of magnitude.
everyone thinks the publisher/developer have behaved shamefully in releasing something in this state.
everyone thinks pressure should be applied to 505/ECB/CA/Steam to kill the game.

however, some of us also think that PC members should have been savvy enough not to buy this game, and therefore aren't particularly deserving of sympathy.

the fact is, if this game was just good enough to be playable, it would still have been crap, the developer's behaviour would still have been terrible, but by buying it you and others like you were saying "fine, we don't care what crap you give us or how bad you treat the community we just want a cricket game" - which is precisely the attitude that leads to crap cricket games being released, so i have no sympathy for that.

do i want this game taken down and killed? yes. oh god yes.
do i care that you wasted $20 on it? not even a little bit.

I agree with every word you said I have no regret that I wasted 20$ on this crap game (this was my choice I want to experience what is out there) but my point is only that I want 505 Games and trick start to get blamed and humiliated and this is the only motive and reason for my stand.

I dont agree to the guys saying that we cant do anything now but to stop others buying it, I feel the need to make sure that some how publishers and developers should feel some pain back.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Definitely they should. They have behaved disgracefully and we shod be making sure the stakeholders know what they have out their name to.

Fingers crossed, the removal from steam means we have had a small victory

kurtkz

Game Developer
I'd love to see a breakdown of sales for PC-members and non-PC members. It's easy to berate the former because they should know better. But what about the average Joe who didn't have access to the inside scoop like we did? He (or she) definitely needs an explanation :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I think a lot of members here either brought it knowing how bad it was wanting to experience this sham for themselves... Congrats if you did, YOU'RE part of the problem. I think a few others (not naming names, but some are obvious) just flat out pirated the game.

Users who are viewing this thread