No Requests Waste's Retro Things: 80s franchise teams | 1997 SL&IND teams | ID: wyyretro

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
World T20 2010 Teams

Australia
New Zealand

1980s Franchise Shared here

https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...chise-teams-shared.113868/page-8#post-3405630

Information below

Inspired by The Hundred I'm taking a time machine back to the 1980s to make a franchise league of my own.

Featuring all the best players from the 1980s (and earlier or a little later) taking part in an English franchise system devised before SKY came along and got their grubby mits on cricket.

The BBC and all the best and most healthy brands have teamed up with teams from around the country to bring you a Super Series of cricket. A short form game of 46 overs per side to give the fans what they want a nicely easy, short day out at the cricket for all the family.

Welcome to the BBC Silk Cut Series.

ReEuTxz.png

Please bring forward player suggestions for who would be included. Both England internationals, global superstars and lesser known legends like mystery spinners Eddie Hemmings and John Emburey.

Current teams are:

Oval Imperials - Star Wars is the biggest franchise of the 1980s so what better way to celebrate the biggest sport in the world by teaming up with the biggest brand. May the fours be with you!

47IEQPU.png

Birmingham A-Team - It's not just movies that the young people go to, they also watch the tube and that's why Brimingham have teamed up with the biggest brand in TV 'The A-Team'. I pity fools who don't coming along to Edgbaston, especially when each new batsman is driven out to the crease in the iconic van.

5i2BWdV.png

Yorkshire Yazoo - captained by 49-year-old Geoffrey Boycott, coming out of for retirement to show thee youngsters how it's done, the Yazoo will feature only players born in the county lines. As an exclusive part of the tie-in with the BBC, each innings break during Yorkshire Yazoo matches will feature a brand new episode of Last of the Summer Wine.

YNJxvv1.png

More to follow...

Last edited:

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Inspired by The Hundred I'm taking a time machine back to the 1980s to make a franchise league of my own.

Featuring all the best players from the 1980s (and earlier or a little later) taking part in an English franchise system devised before SKY came along and got their grubby mits on cricket.

The BBC and all the best and most healthy brands have teamed up with teams from around the country to bring you a Super Series of cricket. A short form game of 46 overs per side to give the fans what they want a nicely easy, short day out at the cricket for all the family.

Welcome to the BBC Silk Cut Series.

ReEuTxz.png

Please bring forward player suggestions for who would be included. Both England internationals, global superstars and lesser known legends like mystery spinners Eddie Hemmings and John Emburey.

Current teams are:

Oval Imperials - Star Wars is the biggest franchise of the 1980s so what better way to celebrate the biggest sport in the world by teaming up with the biggest brand. May the fours be with you!

5TfiC0m.png

Birmingham A-Team - It's not just movies that the young people go to, they also watch the tube and that's why Brimingham have teamed up with the biggest brand in TV 'The A-Team'. I pity fools who don't coming along to Edgbaston, especially when each new batsman is driven out to the crease in the iconic van.

5i2BWdV.png

Yorkshire Yazoo - captained by 49-year-old Geoffrey Boycott, coming out of for retirement to show thee youngsters how it's done, the Yazoo will feature only players born in the county lines. As an exclusive part of the tie-in with the BBC, each innings break during Yorkshire Yazoo matches will feature a brand new episode of Last of the Summer Wine.

YNJxvv1.png

More to follow...
Great work btw I and @pinku also thought of starting such a series but it couldnt materialise

D

Dutch

Ha ha ha! Brilliant! Hopefully a franchise sponsored by John Player Special will make it: perhaps the “London Fags: we come out when we get out!”

D

Dutch

Ha ha ha! Brilliant! Hopefully a franchise sponsored by John Player Special will make it: perhaps the “London Fags: we come out when we get out!”
If this is offensive to anyone then I will remove it: is absolutely not meant to be homophobic of which I can assure you I am not!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
If this is offensive to anyone then I will remove it: is absolutely not meant to be homophobic of which I can assure you I am not!

Oh me me me I'm offended! What do I win? That's how it works on the 2019 internet right 1st one to get offended wins a prize? Is it attention? I hope its attention.

D

Dutch

Oh me me me I'm offended! What do I win? That's how it works on the 2019 internet right 1st one to get offended wins a prize? Is it attention? I hope its attention.
*ignores him*[DOUBLEPOST=1571748226][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ha ha! I have started my own [HASHTAG]#metoo[/HASHTAG] campaign: please, me too, oh go one, please please please me too!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
@wasteyouryouth this is amazing. Did you ever finish it? what about the logos?

How about Manchester Mentals sponsored by Radio Rentals?
I'd like to get back to it at some point.

I had some big ideas for it, but doing The Hundred has made me reconsider such bold plans. Still would like to do it though. What I might well do is reduce it to teams based at test grounds in the 80s at first.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'd like to get back to it at some point.

I had some big ideas for it, but doing The Hundred has made me reconsider such bold plans. Still would like to do it though. What I might well do is reduce it to teams based at test grounds in the 80s at first.

did you upload the logos you had done?

Users who are viewing this thread