Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just got picked to play for WA in my career mode.
First game “travelling to Hobart” to play against QLD at Blundstone Arena.

WTF
I know there’s so many little things wrong in career mode , the cut scenes the team manager is the same guy for all teams , club , state , county etc , the kits are wrong in cut scenes, wrong team colours , can’t assign batting gloves to your career player, just default back to team gloves , field mini game - box jumps doesn’t work to improve skills for fielding, career mode crashing regularly- tickets raised , your issue above - you can work around by changing stadium in pre game set up screen but is just a lack of attention to detail

I’m actually enjoying playing the game but factor in the above career mode issues , with shot direction problems, runouts , scripting issues on chasing down 4th innings targets , fielding bugs , we’re going to need a good few more patches to get a game we all love

Filbit

School Cricketer
Does any of the training actually help? Coaches choice always puts me in the nets and the gym sessions do not improve my stats. Seen this on both PS4 and PS5.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Does any of the training actually help? Coaches choice always puts me in the nets and the gym sessions do not improve my stats. Seen this on both PS4 and PS5.
I'm in season 3 and i gave up gym and training in season 2 already.... too repetitive for me

monfries7

School Cricketer
I really wish there was a Coach Career mode.

Imagine being the coach of an international team, having a good range of matchups each calendar year.

Getting to select your team for each format before each series, basing your decisions on how people have been playing at lower levels.

Having auto generated players come through and build a new team 20+ years into the future as well as seeing the new superstars from the other nations.

A man can dream. Maybe next game

Patrickjk19

School Cricketer
I really wish there was a Coach Career mode.

Imagine being the coach of an international team, having a good range of matchups each calendar year.

Getting to select your team for each format before each series, basing your decisions on how people have been playing at lower levels.

Having auto generated players come through and build a new team 20+ years into the future as well as seeing the new superstars from the other nations.

A man can dream. Maybe next game

Have you tried Cricket Captain the game? Sounds like that's what you're looking for

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you tried Cricket Captain the game? Sounds like that's what you're looking for
I've sunk more hours into Cricket Captain over the years than I care to admit.

TommoN

Club Captain
Really excited to see what career mode can offer in this game. Not sure I want to start before county cricket kits are made though. Will have to stick to 19 for now!

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
There is ability points you earn but you cant see that until after the nets either Bowling you will see it for batting like drive or cut footwork plus points and for bowler yorker slower ball however of course there is no way to train your fielding except in Gym and that doesn't give you any points

stanchez47

Little Timmy
With the nets sessions do they just go for ever or is a set period of time/number of balls delivered?

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is Fatigue management Even a valuable thing or just visual haven't Touched Fatigue management for two seasons of domestic cup including playing In Australia shield matches and domestic Pakistan matches as Pakistani player Nothing Has changed no warning nothing regarding fatigue anyone Got something?

johanna

School Cricketer
Maybe they couldn't be bothered with the domestic side of things - having to put in all the club teams I mean? Could make some sense if they were running out of time - and we could argue that they were running out of time given the sub-par quality of the game on its release date.

Speaking of which, what I don't understand - and this is just a general comment more than anything else - is that BA must've known how undercooked the game was. Anyone playing it for more than 15 or 20 minutes would've seen how broken it was. So did BA just not take any notice of what their game testers were saying and reporting on? It's baffling to me and I just don't understand it.

Unfortunately it seems to be a trend amongst sports games at the moment. From big companies (EA) and small. It's just bewildering to me. If they were car companies and they were putting products like this out then they would be out of business within weeks. Yet it seems to be "a thing" with game and software companies.
I think that it's the lack of options that gives them the free hand to push out broken products. But I think in several ways BA is better than EA, EA doesn't care unless and until it messes up their FUT market. There are bugs that happen that just have stayed there for years. And I've never heard people getting answers or even acknowledgements from EA, BA at least does that.

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I think that it's the lack of options that gives them the free hand to push out broken products. But I think in several ways BA is better than EA, EA doesn't care unless and until it messes up their FUT market. There are bugs that happen that just have stayed there for years. And I've never heard people getting answers or even acknowledgements from EA, BA at least does that.

Oh I agree. BA is MUCH better than EA, but it's kinda like saying a massive heart attack is better than having cancer. Both options are not good. I remember talking to Ross about some of the long-standing bugs in Cricket 19, but he didn't really comment on them so I was left wondering. Maybe it's just too hard to fix some of those older bugs?

Users who are viewing this thread