Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just want to change my bat and appearance, couldn't care less about sponsorships.
Me too , new PS4 patch says it’s sorted , but I can’t find it , shame as game is pretty decent now !

johanna

School Cricketer
nope played 4 matches in first class cricket so far, done a few pressers though
Were you able to get past the first season? My save file just gets corrupted after the end of the first season. I complete my first press conference, then on selecting Play for the 1st match of the second season the game crashes and then the save file appears to be corrupted.

I am on PS4, or did you get to first-class cricket even before the first season ended?

johanna

School Cricketer
Just started new career with new PS4 patch but still can’t find out how to edit equipment of my career player , anyone know how to ?
In the career menu, you can go to "My player" and then "Player equipment". You should be able to customize everything from hats to pads, bat included.

But if you've just started the career mode, I think it takes 2-3 matches before you can get to the Career menu. After each of the first 2-3 matches, you will be forced to go to nets to practice, hit the gym for a routine etc., after that you directly get put into the next match's starting screen, where you can only play the match or exit career mode.

After the first 2-3 matches are completed and these forced trainings are done, then you will end up on the career menu and only after that you can customize these cosmetic stuffs.

Other option would be to create and customize the player when the career starts, this would mean you'll have the customized stuff for the first 2-3 matches too.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
In the career menu, you can go to "My player" and then "Player equipment". You should be able to customize everything from hats to pads, bat included.

But if you've just started the career mode, I think it takes 2-3 matches before you can get to the Career menu. After each of the first 2-3 matches, you will be forced to go to nets to practice, hit the gym for a routine etc., after that you directly get put into the next match's starting screen, where you can only play the match or exit career mode.

After the first 2-3 matches are completed and these forced trainings are done, then you will end up on the career menu and only after that you can customize these cosmetic stuffs.

Other option would be to create and customize the player when the career starts, this would mean you'll have the customized stuff for the first 2-3 matches too.
That’s where I was getting confused, I have played 2 matches and done training, now playing 3 day game and a bit baffled where to see my player stats , equipment etc , so hopefully I’ll see it after game 3 , cheers very helpful post , much appreciated :)

Nahyan Ameen

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am playing international test cricket and odi and the game just crashes whenever I log on to career now and I can no longer progress. Shame

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Me too justed started 2nd season and career mode crashed and file corrupted after a press conference. Latest update for PS4 v 1.11 , extremely annoying / disappointing , have raised a ticket

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi

Since the latest patch, have any PS4 users had any success progressing into the second season of Career or is it still a case or crashes and corrupt files?

Many thanks

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi guys, I just want to confirm something... in C19's career mode we could customize the club teams but I don't see an option to change the club teams in C22. Is that correct, or am I just not seeing it?

Thanks

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Is it possible to play in career mode as, say, a Scottish player or an Irish player - or are you automatically locked in as one of the "Top 10" teams?

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hi guys, I just want to confirm something... in C19's career mode we could customize the club teams but I don't see an option to change the club teams in C22. Is that correct, or am I just not seeing it?

Thanks

Could you do that in Cricket 19? Are you sure club teams could be changed?

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Could you do that in Cricket 19? Are you sure club teams could be changed?
In C19 right at the beginning of a new career you have an option to select the team you want to play for and then you can choose which other 5 teams you want in the league. You can either select from the default teams and edit the club's name, identity and uniforms or you can copy teams from your academy. The latest career I played in C19 I recreated my old high school league with their home grounds and kit etc. But after you have started the career then you aren't allowed to make any changes to the teams anymore. As far as I know you can only customize the identity, uniforms etc of the club teams at the beginning, but not the actual players (I don't think, at least).

But sadly, I haven't seen this option in C22...

johanna

School Cricketer

Thanks
I don't think you can choose anything other than nationality and one domestic region.
Is it possible to play in career mode as, say, a Scottish player or an Irish player - or are you automatically locked in as one of the "Top 10" teams?
I've only seen the 8 teams available for choosing when you start the career mode. I think the teams were Australia, India, England, Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and West Indies.

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't think you can choose anything other than nationality and one domestic region.

I've only seen the 8 teams available for choosing when you start the career mode. I think the teams were Australia, India, England, Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and West Indies.

Bangladesh is there as well. Not sure if there's a tenth? Just assumed there was.

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I am playing international test cricket and odi and the game just crashes whenever I log on to career now and I can no longer progress. Shame

I have the same problem at the moment. It gets to the point where the game needs to save but, instead, just quits out.

Do corrupt files actually say they're corrupt? Or will the file just not load at all?

johanna

School Cricketer
Bangladesh is there as well. Not sure if there's a tenth? Just assumed there was.
I don't think Bangladesh was part of the teams, I remember seeing only the 8 that I mentioned.

Unless we have different sets of teams in different careers? I play female career mode, maybe the male one has Bangladesh (and a 10th team?). Someone else can confirm that.

Users who are viewing this thread