venus_jup

School Cricketer
X Rebels
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hello,

Is there a Discord server for Planet Cricket? If not, is there any specific reason why this hasn’t been contemplated yet? I think Discord is a lot easier to navigate and sleek compared to web forums + easier for people to join too.

PEACE MAKER

ICC Board Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Mumbai Indians
CSK
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Hello,

Is there a Discord server for Planet Cricket? If not, is there any specific reason why this hasn’t been contemplated yet? I think Discord is a lot easier to navigate and sleek compared to web forums + easier for people to join too.
As of now there is no discord server for planet cricket

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've considered it.

It does pose a challenge from a moderation perspective, as dealing with things in real time chat is more difficult than in the forum environment, and it would be an extra workload to do so for the mod team.

Also, it might take away from activity that might otherwise be on the forums, while not many people would join the forums after interacting first on a discord.

But if there's interest, can always see how it goes.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Also, it might take away from activity that might otherwise be on the forums, while not many people would join the forums after interacting first on a discord.
I made a Discord server to conduct auctions for a cricket league, and this is exactly what happened. There was literally no activity in the PC thread and the Discord server was buzzing.

venus_jup

School Cricketer
X Rebels
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've considered it.

It does pose a challenge from a moderation perspective, as dealing with things in real time chat is more difficult than in the forum environment, and it would be an extra workload to do so for the mod team.

But if there's interest, can always see how it goes.
I agree....difficult to track messages and stuff and it sure can seem a bit chaotic chat wise to mod.
Post automatically merged:

I made a Discord server to conduct auctions for a cricket league, and this is exactly what happened. There was literally no activity in the PC thread and the Discord server was buzzing.
Ooo, is the discord server still active? I've noticed they usually have short shelf life as people seem to hope from one to another.

Users who are viewing this thread