West Indies tour of England 2024 - 3 Tests

Paranoid Kendroid

Alive In The Superunknown
Fantasy Cricket Team
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
CRICKET-TEST-IND-ENG--1_1709974679635_1715427134597.JPG

One of the longest international careers is coming to its end. I think he is a top-5 Test pacer of all time and undoubtedly, England's best Test bowler in last 10-12 years.

Schedule:

1719742867092.png

I know I've been bigging him up for a while but Farhan Ahmed looks like a proper proper bowler against West Indies.

Pretty exciting line up to be honest. Top 6 pretty much what to expect based on the last two years. Pleased to see Atkinson getting a chance, Woakes averages 11 at Lord's. I can't imagine the West Indies line up is going to look very threatening.
Yeah, to sound like Rob Key there's plenty of upside.

I'm just a bit worried about some of the bowling choices - we all knew Shoaib Bashir was coming, but he averages 70 with the red ball in England so I don't know how effective he's going to be. And if they use the side like it's mostly a four-man seam attack then that puts a lot of pressure on Stokes' body.

Equally, if you are going to mess about with the Test team even more than usual then this is the summer to do it.

Yeah, to sound like Rob Key there's plenty of upside.

I'm just a bit worried about some of the bowling choices - we all knew Shoaib Bashir was coming, but he averages 70 with the red ball in England so I don't know how effective he's going to be. And if they use the side like it's mostly a four-man seam attack then that puts a lot of pressure on Stokes' body.

Equally, if you are going to mess about with the Test team even more than usual then this is the summer to do it.
Stokes has taken 18 wickets in 89 overs, bowled in six innings across three matches. I think he's gotta be in pretty good shape taking on that workload. Who knows exactly where he's at, but I think they'd be protecting him from that much bowling if it was a substantial problem. They fact he's averaging 20 with the bat might be more concerning.

I think with Bashir they've seen something in him they like and want to see more. I don't know if he's necessarily first choice, but long term they know what they're going to get from Leach.

There's always Root as a sixth bowler too (and Harry Brook first change).

England have started this game really clinically. The goal should now be to see this through in the same fashion: bat once, and get the game wrapped up in three days.

Shamar Joseph has been pretty unimpressive today. Not that he should be tearing the place up, he's still very raw. But even his pace is much slower than Alzarri and even Seales.

What happened to Bazzball huh? Playing with a petty run rate of 4.70. Where is the run rate of 6? This is more like DravidBall!

Users who are viewing this thread