Euro 2024 thread

Back to back finals for England, watta goal by Watkins, only few keepers would have saved it.

Coming home?

Netherlands losing again! Hope England wins the Euro- can't stand the Spanish winning!

Admittedly not a big fan of the Spanish Armada, but have to agree they have played a better game throughout the competition.

The worrying thing for Spain will be that England have arguably played their best game of the tournament in the semis and that was a result of Southgate’s subs working again, Foden playing more centrally and the Dutch trying to play proactively which is what Spain do. They may just be peaking at the right time.

Alternatively, Spain also played an excellent game in the semis and will have Le Normand and Carvajal back for the final, the latter’s presence could prove decisive. I wouldn’t begrudge an English victory given their long absence of silverware and Southgate being a likeable manager but equally I’d loath to see them win after an entire tournament of nearly making me fall asleep.

Should be a fascinating contest, barring Germany I don’t think any other side could have a claim to deserve a slot in the final so we do have two of the best teams left.

The worrying thing for Spain will be that England have arguably played their best game of the tournament in the semis and that was a result of Southgate’s subs working again, Foden playing more centrally and the Dutch trying to play proactively which is what Spain do. They may just be peaking at the right time.

Alternatively, Spain also played an excellent game in the semis and will have Le Normand and Carvajal back for the final, the latter’s presence could prove decisive. I wouldn’t begrudge an English victory given their long absence of silverware and Southgate being a likeable manager but equally I’d loath to see them win after an entire tournament of nearly making me fall asleep.

Should be a fascinating contest, barring Germany I don’t think any other side could have a claim to deserve a slot in the final so we do have two of the best teams left.
Spain would definitely deserve it more in my opinion, England have been very lucky.

It would be damn impossible to stay awake for Copa final so please don't disappoint me today Spain

:crying: :crying: :crying: why palmer

Edit: oyarzabaaalalalalal

Last edited:
Couldn’t stay awake for more than thirty minutes thanks to my long standing insomnia finally giving up, seems like I missed the best moments of the game.

Extremely happy though, the best team on paper and in the tournament performance and competitiveness wise won. Spain’s got a great base to build on for the upcoming WC. Cubarsi developing into a great defender can instantly turn that defence into something much better and Porro under Ange has already developed so much more than anyone expected him to. There’s also the likes of Samu and others who will be contending for a spot in the XI soon. My only wish is that Fabian either gets used properly at PSG or leaves for a more suitable club, the bloke was a beast at Napoli (albeit inconsistent) and this tournament showed why he was so highly rated back then. I’ve always been a massive fan of Olmo, if he had a slightly better fitness record he would have been at a top club already. Nico and Yamal together are such a joy to watch, takes me back to the 2000s era of football.

England need to let go of Southgate, he’s done a great job turning England from a group of pessimists into contenders but his time is up and his flaws are holding the team back. I’d say Potter or Poch should be given the job, neither are great tactical masterminds but they’ve got a way with players and that is more important in international football.

At the end of the day, this was a great tournament. Germany as hosts were wonderful and there were plenty of entertaining games despite the best efforts of Portugal, England, Netherlands and France. Hope the 2026 WC can be equally good if not better.

Users who are viewing this thread