1st Match, Group B: Mumbai v Lions at Johannesburg

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Discussion for the first match of the Champions League Twenty20 2010 tournament - Mumbai v Lions at Johannesburg.

Mumbai ftw.. Will be interesting and good to see, Sachin ,Zaheer , Singh getting some Protean action before touring then rhis january

What a tournament we have in prospect, I am really looking forward to it.

I'd say easy bet for Mumbai, not much firepower amongst the proteas.

Well the good thing is this that the Indian players would make much of difference here than overseas ones except Malinga I'd say. that's what I hate for RCB, their strength is just overseas players.

this is probably the worst timing i could possibly get living in new zealand. 2am - 7am.

i'll have to watch the highlights at some point.

No Saurabh Tiwary. He's got a niggle. No Nayar in the squad of 15 either. If Nayar's not injured and he wasn't picked in the squad, that'd be a horrible selection from Mumbai in all honesty.

Its by no means a full house. Would`ve loved to have sen a full house and a good spectacle after all the negative publicity that cricket got over the past few weeks. Pretty disappointed with the crowd response to be honest. Maybe, the South Africans are bored of too much sport.

No Saurabh Tiwary. He's got a niggle. No Nayar in the squad of 15 either. If Nayar's not injured and he wasn't picked in the squad, that'd be a horrible selection from Mumbai in all honesty.

Nayar was playing - quite brilliantly - in the Buchi Babu when i was in Chennai. I watched him take a 5 wicket haul and then score a blitzkrieg century two days later. This is against quality sides as well.

According to his Facebook, Nayar is in South Africa. I think Cricinfo has got it wrong.

Its by no means a full house. Would`ve loved to have sen a full house and a good spectacle after all the negative publicity that cricket got over the past few weeks. Pretty disappointed with the crowd response to be honest. Maybe, the South Africans are bored of too much sport.

South Africa gets a disproportionate amount of sport to begin with.

this is probably the worst timing i could possibly get living in new zealand. 2am - 7am.

i'll have to watch the highlights at some point.

I'm awake. =D Just got home though.

Nayar was playing - quite brilliantly - in the Buchi Babu when i was in Chennai. I watched him take a 5 wicket haul and then score a blitzkrieg century two days later. This is against quality sides as well.

According to his Facebook, Nayar is in South Africa. I think Cricinfo has got it wrong.

The 15 squad players listed do make sense though, even without Nayar - it's just odd leaving Nayar out though. And if he wasn't played despite being in the squad, I'm shocked. Nayar would've brought much more balance to the team than Murtaza, and is good enough as a batsman to replace Saurabh Tiwary. Puzzling selection.

Thought the bowling changes from Tendulkar were sometimes a bit odd as well.

Heard good things about Vandiar, but last time I checked his stats weren't great. However, after the early struggle, Vandiar was extremely impressive. Was telling a friend to watch out for Vandiar before the game, glad he got some runs in that regard as well! McKenzie was oozing class though, some gorgeous cricketing shots from him today.

Edit: Shouldn't have gone for the single there. Rayudu off balance. I believe that could be a key dismissal as well, considering Rayudu got a 53 in the warm-ups against Victoria.

Last edited:
Super innings from Sachin. But still, this is a very close game. Can MI do it?

God Harsha Bogle is easily the worst commentator in cricket history. He can take any moment and make it insanely awkward and weird. Im pretty sure he is a pedo

Users who are viewing this thread