2 questions re. teams and players and things I see in Cricket

fanirama

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
2 questions -
1. why are there no Indian players in other country domestic leagues like English league or the BBL or SLPL or South African one etc.? Is this a means to protect IPL (i.e. $$$) or player fatigue/injury type prevention? I happened to notice that a new US Cricket league is being created which is great which will feature several US teams and MLC is being created so I can watch matches here with international players from all nations.... which brings me to my next question -

2. when will IPL (which is the best T20 league due to all almost international players in it) have players from all nations including Pakistan? I think politics and sports are separate things and in the Commonwealth, all nations should cross participate given everyone has sordid history with another nation. I think we are missing out on some more quality here. Just curious what the Indian govt stand is on relaxing this given the World Cup in India is also now problematic if a team has to travel to some random nation to play its games (and I read that FIFA is removing Indonesia from the U-19 FIFA cup because it is disallowing Israel to play there but I doubt ICC will do something similar).

Genuinely curious given I like sports and cricket and would want to see it separated out from politics and get to more quality entertainment.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1. Yes to your suspicion.

2. I can’t take anyone seriously when they come up with “politics and sports are different and shouldn’t mix”. That’s simply not how it works in the real world and hasn’t done through history.

Users who are viewing this thread