2007, a good year for Cricket?

Did you enjoy Cricket in 2007 overall?

• Total voters

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We lost 5-0 and embarassingly lost to India at home. It's not been very good for England in the Test arena. Our ODI performances have improved no end, but losing to India at home is just dire.

I would say England have had very good ODI year.
1) Win tri series in Australia
2) Win against India at home
3) Win against Sri Lank away (not many teams do that)

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Cricket in 2007 > Cricket 2007.

And don't try to deny it. It makes you realise how entertaining international cricket is for us all when you compare it to that rubbish EA gave us.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Disappointing, wouldn't call it embarassing though.

Mixed year for me also, not fantastic, not awful. I'll always enjoy each Cricket season though, whether England do well or not.

I edited the poll, it now says Dunno rather than Donnu, which I imagine is an emu from Doncaster.

You have a Doncaster in England? So do we! But in Aus. :)

As usual, a good year for the Aussies.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, that's because they're still our property and worship our queen etc etc.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I know this is off topic, and it may sound stupid. But is St Helens a town, or a city? Is it just a suberb in England, or is it like a small state? Do england even have stateS and territories?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
It's a very small town on the outskirts of Liverpool in the North West of England. It's host to the best Rugby League team in the world, the best glass manufacturers in the world and of course me.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Mmm... Liverpool. So did you have a good year in cricket, Matt? That's if you play club cricket...

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Well unfortunately I've prematurely retired from club cricket to concentrate on my football, which I am a lot better at than cricket!

I'll be playing for the college team next summer though so that'll be a right laugh. Apparently we're going on a tour to Australia to get our arses absolutely smashed over there.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Well unfortunately I've prematurely retired from club cricket to concentrate on my football, which I am a lot better at than cricket!

I'll be playing for the college team next summer though so that'll be a right laugh. Apparently we're going on a tour to Australia to get our arses absolutely smashed over there.

You can come play my school. Our year 8 team are the mighty State Champions. Back to back.

So it's been a good year for cricket for me. :)

PS. IF you're wondering who that myspace comment is from, it's me.

Sureshot

Executive member
I know this is off topic, and it may sound stupid. But is St Helens a town, or a city? Is it just a suberb in England, or is it like a small state? Do england even have stateS and territories?

We have counties, as does the whole of the UK. For example, London has Middlesex and Surrey as it's counties, Brighton has East Sussex, Southampton has Hampshire, etc.

MacariusWrench

School Cricketer
I'd have to say 2007 has been a great year for cricket. Of course, since i'm in the minority of people who will have first discovered the worlds greatest game in this calendar year, i'm a little biased. Heres been my highlights so far.

- Mal Loye. The first batsmen I'd ever seen in a cricket game and also the first who impressed me as i was furrowing my way into this strange new game.
- The Cricket World Cup. Ok ok so it was a bit of a farce in the end. But it was my first World Cup as a fan of the game and so, I was utterly immersed for most games. Not too mention that my own native Scotland were playing. And a Scottish cricket game is something of a rarity. Theres only been 4 games on this year. All losses. Still, it was a magic moment when Haydos fell LBW victim too young scottish off spinner Majid Haq.
- Brian Lara. I'd always known about Brian Lara since his cricket games on the Sega Mega Drive. But too see the great legend bow out while in the infancy of my cricketing interest was a grand highlight.
- Sky Sports Cricket coverage. Consistent, time consuming and always at strange times of the morning. Thank you for freeing me from what would otherwise be a schedule of Eastenders and Coranation Street. (Joking, I don't go near that stuff).

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Welcome to PlanetCricket MacariusWrench, Yes nice little first post there.

World Cup 2003 > World Cup 2007

King Cricket

International Coach
Good

1. T-20 World Cup
2. Fairytale comeback by Sourav Ganguly in both forms of the game
3. Yuvraj Singh becoming a superstar.
4. Bangladesh rising from zero to hero.
5. Some young talents rising like Rohit sharma, paul harris etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread