Big Bash 2014 - 15 BBL

cricketmad09

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Scorchers have a pretty ordinary history with their overseas players. They don't need Arafat and Carberry wouldn't make a full strength Scorchers side. If they had Wessels and ten Doeschate who fit their requirements of being available all tournament they would have a scary line up.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Can't remember exactly but not a lot of those bowlers looked much faster than the average county bowlers, they'll obviously get a bit more bounce due to the pitch but I can only see that helping Carberry due to the way in which he plays... Obviously you'll get the odd exception. His stats are if anything are slightly skewed as it is only in the last 2 to 3 years, following his return from his health issues presumably, that his technique has changed so much that has made him such a better limited overs player. Previously he was struggling to get in at county level at times.

Richardson can bowl 140s and Laughlin has done very well at times bowling mostly slower deliveries. But take the Sixers tonight Lee and Starc high 140s Abbott and Bollinger can get to 140. You don't see that in county cricket.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Tremlett, Rankin, Finn, Mills, Footitt, Plunkett, Griffiths, Meaker, are all county bowlers I can think of just off the top of my head who can get into the high 140s. Most others bowling consistently around 135-138kmph, I seriously don't think such a minute change in paces contributed that much.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Considering all the English bowlers who have been signed to play BBL such as Tremlett Dernbach and Mahmood were struggling to even get in the team, I think it's fair to say our bowlers are a fair bit stronger.

Just look at tonight. Pattinson Siddle Rimmington Cummins Nannes Sandhu you don't get that quality in ONE match in county cricket.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Left Out English are having fun at the BBL!
Now , KP ladders his way to the top scorer in the league.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Quite sure that catch was not out. Come to something when the player is attempting to tell the umpire the rules while out in the middle.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Quite sure that catch was not out. Come to something when the player is attempting to tell the umpire the rules while out in the middle.

Yep, clearly not out. I was watching at the time, and I saw one replay, thought "oh, that was unlucky" and went to get a biscuit. Came back to find they were still replaying it and the commentators thought it was out. Even Lalor appeared to know it wasn't out, but just played along when he noticed his teammates celebrating. The rule is clear - if you touch the ball when you are outside the field of play, it's a boundary. If you jump from outside the boundary and touch the ball before you land, you are outside the field of play. Therefore, six runs.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Yep, clearly not out. I was watching at the time, and I saw one replay, thought "oh, that was unlucky" and went to get a biscuit. Came back to find they were still replaying it and the commentators thought it was out. Even Lalor appeared to know it wasn't out, but just played along when he noticed his teammates celebrating. The rule is clear - if you touch the ball when you are outside the field of play, it's a boundary. If you jump from outside the boundary and touch the ball before you land, you are outside the field of play. Therefore, six runs.

Gotta admit, I think by an interpretation of the laws that it may have been legal. Not saying that's correct in terms of whether it should really be out in terms of the game but by the laws I think it may be.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Gotta admit, I think by an interpretation of the laws that it may have been legal. Not saying that's correct in terms of whether it should really be out in terms of the game but by the laws I think it may be.

Unlikely, because the law was changed precisely to eliminate fielders being able to do this:

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
From what I've now read of the rules, I believe it was correctly given not out however if he had dived from outside the boundary rope and caught it before landing inside without having palmed it back in first it would have been not out.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a finish that was, Brett Lee nearly got the hat-trick right at the end. The match would've gone to the super over if it wasn't for butter fingers Henriques.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Final ending on final ball. Those are called finals.;)

Lee the heart winner <3

Users who are viewing this thread