Big Bash 2014 - 15 BBL

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Expect him to be more of a crowd drawer than a star player but I guess you never know.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Perth Scorchers sign Michael Carberry.

He can get in an overseas league in which only 32 international players can play at once yet he can't get in the England team... :D.

Zing

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Big bash kicks off tomorrow STARS V STRIKERS
Who is going to win?

cricketmad09

International Coach
What are your ladder predictions for this season? (Including changes after finals)

Mine would be

Heat
Stars
Strikers
Thunder
Hurricanes
Renegades
Scorchers
Sixers

Fairly even teams though except for Scorchers and Sixers who have poor batting line ups with average batsmen and virtually zero depth.

Heat are a good chance with a lot of big hitters and fast scorers. Christian Lynn Reardon Milenko Cutting Flintoff Burns Hopes. Lots of all-rounders so they've have a long batting line up as well as having good bowlers with international experience.

I'm interested to see how the thunder go. Because on paper they've got a very good team this season. Good batting with Kallis Morgan Hussey Blizzard McDonald and good bowling with Cummins Nannes Sandhu and Hauritz. What's going to hurt them is having Chris Hartley in the team who is a terrible t20 batsman. If he plays they're basically playing with 10 players. Jake Doran does some keeping he'd be a better option.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Look who's backed in form. It's Mr. Cricket. Too bad for missing the ton just by a 4, but he deserved it anyway.:)

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So does Kallis. Just a moment of silence for IPL teams who've dropped them earlier this month. Aging but not finished.

cricketmad09

International Coach
I knew Carberry would be useless. Strikes at about 120 playing against all the medium pace plodders in county cricket. They would've been better with a Roy or Wessels

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I knew Carberry would be useless. Strikes at about 120 playing against all the medium pace plodders in county cricket. They would've been better with a Roy or Wessels

Can't remember exactly but not a lot of those bowlers looked much faster than the average county bowlers, they'll obviously get a bit more bounce due to the pitch but I can only see that helping Carberry due to the way in which he plays... Obviously you'll get the odd exception. His stats are if anything are slightly skewed as it is only in the last 2 to 3 years, following his return from his health issues presumably, that his technique has changed so much that has made him such a better limited overs player. Previously he was struggling to get in at county level at times.

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
TIIfxRb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread