IPL 21 Apr - Delhi Daredevils v Pune Warriors

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Delhi Daredevils v Pune Warriors at Delhi

32.png

Odds from Betfair

Going by Delhi's form, they should crush Pune here, but I have a bigger soft spot for Dada (when he is not playing Chennai), so I back Pune here. And Pune have so far had a "above expectations" tournament performance so far.

Going by Delhi's form, they should crush Pune here, but I have a bigger soft spot for Dada (when he is not playing Chennai), so I back Pune here. And Pune have so far had a "above expectations" tournament performance so far.

Yeah, you cannot help but admire the man, not giving up till the end, despite not being selected in last season's auction. Although I must admit that his batting and fielding has left a lot to be desired. Delhi's bowling will test the Warriors.

i get feeling that pune gonna win this one need the top order to fire and want dada to bat at low down the order at no 7

Pune have done a good thing by adding Alfonso he could be really handy in this Delhi track. Hope to see a Pune win

Good start for Pune.Ryder was riding his luck initially but now he is looking more settled.i don't know why DD spinners are bowling wide of leg stump.Sehwag was hit for 2 boundaries on outside of leg stump deliveries and yet KP bowled many similar deliveries in the very next over

Last edited:
Really had no idea whom to support. Love both the teams equally. Happy how Pune batted and pulled it back when Viru and KP were going nuts.

Good all-round performance from captain Ganguly, set a pretty good foundation for Smith to blast at the end and bowled a good spell in his first outing this season. Thomas was on fire with the ball, should see more of him after that. Ryder was alright too.

Good start for Pune.Ryder was riding his luck initially but now he is looking more settled.i don't know why DD spinners are bowling wide of leg stump.Sehwag was hit for 2 boundaries on outside of leg stump deliveries and yet KP bowled many similar deliveries in the very next over
I think you answered your own question - it's cos they've got "the original pie-chucker" KP and Sehwag bowling. ;)

On a more serious note, leg-line bowling does sometimes work, and it is clear that coaches are advocating it, at least some of the time. And once you have set a field for a leg-stump-and-outside line, you pretty much have to bowl it until either the end of the over, or a change of batsman (and thus of field).

Smith keeps on making those quickfire knocks, might be enough to get him back into the T20 side just in the time for the WC.

Users who are viewing this thread