IPL 5 Apr - Kolkata Knight Riders vs Delhi Daredevils

Awesome match for us! Morkel bowled brilliantly, Sehwag and Finch gave a steady start and Irfan was awesome in the end. :D
Sehwag's captaincy was brilliant too. He gave more overs to the spinners on this slow and low track and asked Irfan to come in at 3 as he wanted a left-hander to face Iqbal Abdulla.

I hope they give a mutual man of the match award to Irfan and Morne. :D

Irfan coming in early proved to be a masterstroke. But I felt the pacers bowled better when Delhi bowled in the first innings. The spinners were the ones that gave Kolkata such a big total to defend (the total could have been smaller had Shukla not being allowed to hit those big shots off the spinners). Yadav was exceptional, and Morkel was amazing. Delhi have probably the most exciting pace battery with Morne Morkel, Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron.

AH that one over of de Lunge really put KKR out of this match.But well played Irfan.I wasn't expecting this from him,really a master final burst

Last edited:
I think this should be the final 11 of DD for now:

Sehwag
Naman Ojha
Finch
Van der merve
Robin Bist
Venugopal Rao
Glen Maxwel
Irfan
Nagar
Morkel
Umesh

So as I expected, Delhi had the same team as I posted except that they had Nadeem in place of Bist.

The only concerning thing for DD is that they are lacking a genuine spin bowler. Nadeem, Nagar and Van der merve are all part timers and they will struggle against quality batsman of spin bowling.

After their other players come back, this should be their final 11:

Sehwag
Mahela
KP
Venu
Ross Taylor/Russel
Ojha
Irfan
Nagar
Nadeem
Morkel
Umesh

----------

For the match against KKR,

TBH I didn't think Delhi will win especially after watching line up of Kolkata but Morkel, Umesh and Van der merve bowled really well.

Irfan did good in batting.

Irfan should be a sure starter for the Indian T20 side that will play in the World Cup this year. He was there last time in 2007 in SA and was the Man of the Match of that memorable final that we won against Pakistan. Even his bowling flounders occasionally, we should take him because his batting is excellent, and he is the most athletic fielder among fast bowlers (Zak, Yadav, Praveen, Ishant, Vinay, etc included).

Users who are viewing this thread