50 Over cricket isn't dead afterall... thanks to India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The seven-match one-day international series between India and Australia, with its sellout crowds and high TRPs, has made the talk of 'the death of ODIs" sound premature. Over the last three weeks, the world's biggest cricket market accepted the format with glee: All six matches played were sold out, and TV ratings in India suggested it got more eyeballs than the three big events that preceded it: the World Twenty20, Champions Trophy and Champions League Twenty20.

Read more - TV ratings bring good news for 50-over cricket | India Cricket Features | Cricinfo.com

I agree with Judhajit Basu and Sidharth Monga. The world's biggest cricket market has saved the day :) !

Dude, stop making everything so racial. India didn't save anything. The Champions Trophy did more than enough. If India did save 50 over cricket then Australia should be thanked equally.

ODI was never dead, even before this series. The Aus - RSA series was sold out weeks before it started and I'm sure that was the case among many series this year. The Champions Trophy was just not a popular tournament. Don't hereld India for saving a format which they pushed it the furthest to death.

shravi... Whose being racial? Did you see the "question mark"? Whats so racial about it? Also, I believe I'm entitled to have an opinion, just like you :clap

We need to thank our taile enders :D

Series was really to be remembered, the only reason??? Sachin and 17k :hpraise

ODI's were on the dying bed the 7 ODI's came as a Sanjeevani :p

Sachin:: The Legend

Last edited:
It did lost, when T20 grabbed more ratings and audience.

Nah, even then, there was hardly any drop in the number of ODI audience. Remember the India-England ODI series of last year, when the T-20 effect could be the most felt all over the world? Well, in that series, every single ODI fetched a stadium full of crowd I guess. At least that's what it looked like from the TV.

ODI was never dead, even before this series.

THAT

The dominating English media started this ODI IS DEAD BS when England went down almost in a whitewash to their last ODI series after winning the Ashes. Then the countries which were losing continuously joined them. Well, NEWSFLASH, obviously the countries that lose often will see a fall of interest in that sport. But when they start winning the interest will spring back up to full ratings. First chapter you'll learn in Economics 101 in any decent college.

It's still dead to me but then again so is all forms of one day cricket. I love my tests :)

Dude, stop making everything so racial. India didn't save anything. The Champions Trophy did more than enough. If India did save 50 over cricket then Australia should be thanked equally.

Now shravi mate, I respect you. I might fall out with you sometimes but you're a decent enough bloke. When we have guys making such complete bollocks as this, can you see why people bash India? You wont find any threads on this forum like "South Africa saves the art of seam bowling" or "New Zealand keeps power-hitting alive and kicking in cricket". However, when we have guys like this bloke, Precamb, that Max_Dillion bloke etc (the list is pretty long) can you see why Indians get grouped up?

In regards to this topic. No India, have not saved ODI cricket. Just because in India it wasn't having that much publicity, doesn't mean in the rest of the world it was dying. Heck, the Champions Trophy was awesome.

RDF: Seriosuly, go away, with your silly views and opinions. I've been here long enough to know that members with such narrow minded views like yourself either end up two ways. Banned or leaving.

King Cricket: Nice to see, you talking sense :) Big change in ya, since the days of Aussie_Ben :p

Cricket in any format can't be dead for fans who love to see and play cricket.
Cricket flows in the blood of those people who love cricket so how it can be dead in any format.
Thanks to all teams equally.

Yawn, more "faux" journalism from PC's very own pretend reporter.

@rahuldravidfan: Dont go on creating threads for these sort of things. You're just feeding those guys who look up for the slightest of opportunity to bash India, Indians and everything related to us.

India didnt save the format. Its just that people got worried for nothing. In India, ODI's will always be a huge revenue maker because the crowds in India love it. In fact the crowds love ODI's more than T20 because we want more cricket (though a 5 day test might be too long for the youths).

I think the point he was making was that a lot of members are blaming the IPL etc the dying of test and one day cricket, but India just played a brilliant series of one day cricket and showed it's not dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread