A Brand New Way to Edit Lineups

That would be awsome and we will be waiting for the patch.please release it as soon as possible

take your time mate :) keep us updated though

Ok, thanks :) ....

Problem is to get your computer to recognize a controller, which is really going to be your NumPad on the keyboard, so you could also play 2 Player on the same keyboard!

zMario said:
I have found a new way to edit line ups, and it is quite simple for Cricket 2005.

You will need :

1) A Keyboard

2) A controller, any kind, that works with Cricket 2005 for 1 over.

(If you play with a controller normally, then you will require 2 controllers)

Here is what you do :

1st ) Go into Cricket 2005 and do your thing; make a game. When selecting controllers for the teams, put the controller/keyboard you want to use on the team you wish to use, and put the other controller/keyboard on the opposing team.

2nd ) Pick line ups, it will allow you to pick for both teams.

3rd ) Play 1 over, and try to play with both controllers at the same time :help . I do this by having the bowling side bowl a maiden, or to make it accurate, bowl maybe a no-ball and a wide.

4th ) Save the game, and exit Cricket 2005.

5th ) Unplug the controller for the opposing team, and reload Cricket 2005.

6th ) Open the saved game.

7th ) Now the opposing team will play as the CPU side, and you can continue and play your game with the lineups YOU want.

I'd appreciate any comments with this method. I have tried this method several times in EXHIBITION Mode, but have not tried it in a series yet.

New way?
Just use gamchanger as I suggested on 13 August 2005 inthis
thread...

"Steve, there is a way to choose the cpu line up, using Shailesh's gaMCHange tool. You need two controllers or a controller and a keyboard though, and it's a bit of a fiddle but works, and will do for the time being until a line up editor is released.

1. Start the match as 2 player, team 1 as keyboard and team 2 as controller (or controller 1 and 2 if you've two controllers).
2. Choose both the line ups.
3. Start the game, bowl 1 over using both controllers (a bit tricky, but possible; I've done it before in c2k4. Just bowl outside off and leave the ball).
4. At the end of the over, save and quit the game.
5. Go to Gamchange, swapping say, team one (or whatever one you don't want to play as) to cpu controlled.
6. Restart and away you go.
As I say, it's not ideal, but will do until a line up editor is available"

Really? Mine is copyrighted so BOO YA! Hahahha, besides, I'm making a patch that is fixing all this, making it so that you dont have to quit the game, and it can be done without a controller. I believe you are mistaken sir.

Yeah people like me need that patch who dont own a controller and has no intention to even buy one.

thanks, ive gotten somewhat into making ur pc think that there's a controller, but it doesn't work on some pcs. I have 3 pcs, and it worked on 2, but not on 1. I will attempt to get on other computers, and see if it recognizes the new controller. This is the hardest part ;)

Users who are viewing this thread