A LESSON LEARNED - Don't buy a new computer!

S

sonic

It just goes to show, you can have the biggest hard drive, with the fastest machine on earth but it doesn't necessarily guarantee greatness. Sure it'll wind up to play all the latest hits like splinter cell and give you unparalelled lightning broadband speed but it won't play BLC and many other golden treats from generations gone before us. I'd be interested to hear actually how many old classics don't work on XP, I am absolutely gutted. The games industry really should work harder in my opinion to ensure they release sufficient patches to make their games run on the latest operating systems, but in a corporate world i suppose that is not possible. I salute Nintendo's fabulous work with the game boy advance by re-releasing classic games and the ability to even play the old game boy game cartridges on the new machine. I bought the new SP version last week and the improvements are immense, you can now see what you are doing in the dark thanks to the built in back light. I recommend it to everyone, even at the slightly steep ?89 asking price...its just a shame there;s no cricket games on the game boy!

Sonic,

If you have a spare copy of Win 98 or 2000 you can always partition your hard drive and dual boot between XP and 98 or whatever. That way you can have your cake and eat it

Fritz6

I assume you have tried running BLC in Win95/98 compatibility mode.

Whether that mode even works I don't know, I've tried it on a few old programs with no luck.

I've tried all of this. Win XP is a nightmare, short of a dual partition there are countless classic games which won't run. Less than half the games I have on my pentium 200mhz run on Win XP. It is such a bloody screwup by Microsoft, either that or one big con.

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Well my new machine won't wind up and play Splinter Cell.
I'm one of the "many" unfortuneates who can't play this game.

I can play BLC fine on Win98.
I dual boot with XP.</span>

Same here, BLC works with Dual boot Win98/XP

BUT you cannot install win 98 once you installed Xp, you need to install Win98 first and then install winxp :angry:

Microsoft Monopoly

Users who are viewing this thread