AFL live 2003

Yes, you are right, it's not a bad game, but needs more.

It needs a player draft/transfers option. I hate playing with players that now play for other clubs, Heffernan now playing for Melbourne, Caracella for Brisbane, etc. :(

Originally posted by bomber@May 31 2003, 03:57 PM
Yes, you are right, it's not a bad game, but needs more.

It needs a player draft/transfers option. I hate playing with players that now play for other clubs, Heffernan now playing for Melbourne, Caracella for Brisbane, etc. :(
yer i know what you mean, but there is a new one comming out, i think its 2004. maybe that will have more..............

lol :lol: heres something to try, play as Western Bulldogs and put Tony Libratore in the ruck, see if you can win any? :lol:

also do you know any ruckmen that win the ruck more than 50% of the time?
i have tried nearly all of them and they never win more than 50%

i also found that while playing this that sydney has a very fast team and they keep it in their forward line well. I'm gonna stick to using them

has anyone made a way you can play against poeple over internet by like email or something? because it has saved game files and playing against the computer is a bit too easy <_<

OK....maybe i'll sound stupid ....but I have absolutely no idea what you guyz are talking about ...Can someone tell me about AFL!!????? :sadam:

lol pretty much only people in Australia know what it is. It is prety had to explain here but go to this site and you might fnd more: www.afl.com.au

Originally posted by Samar@Jun 16 2003, 03:52 PM
OK....maybe i'll sound stupid ....but I have absolutely no idea what you guyz are talking about ...Can someone tell me about AFL!!????? :sadam:
Hi Samar, AFL stands for Australian Football League.

It's Australian rules football. We are talking about the AFL Live 2003 game on PC.
AFL is a excellent game to play & watch, but as for the PC game, forget it <_<

The game play is not too bad, but the commentary drives you mad :wall: It repeats the same thing too much. It also lacks a player editor or a transfer system, as a lot of players change teams at the end of each season, & others retire.

There's going to be a new game released sometime this year, AFL Live 2004. Hopefully this will be better. :huh:

AFL is a excellent game, we need a good game to play on PC? :up:

AFL...
Played on a cricket oval with four sticks at each end. 2 times 18 players wearing tight shorts and tight singlets run around punching, kicking, and slapping a red leather ball. They try and kick it through the middle sticks to get 6 points, but if they get it through the side ones they only get one. They pretend to tackle each other, but none of them really know how. When grabbed, they pretend that they can't rid of the ball so the don't lose possession, even when they can. They knock-on a lot, and if the ball goes out of bounds then a little guy dressed in white hurls the ball over his head. If a player catches a ball he gets a free kick, even if i doesn't really catch the ball but mearly fumble it in mid air for long enough to please some knob in white. If a player gets a tiny knock, he will hurl himself to the ground in order to pull a penalty. All the other players then bump chests and pull each others singlets. Likewise, when the ball is in play the still pull each others singlets. Basically, a whole lot of pulling goes on. Players like to bump into umpires, and then pretend that they didn't mean it... and end up getting suspended anyway. Players also frequently get suspended for "striking" which constitutes slapping another player like a girl, and "wrestling" which involves rolling on the floor tugging another player. Basically, it's just one odd game that only victorians really care about.

lol i like your describtion of it vetts...... <_< ;) :mellow: :huh: :P

Hey Radaga, Have you heared a release date yet for AFL Live 2004?

Hopefully the game play will be better? Also, they will be having Brownlow, John Coleman medal & season player stats, etc. :up:

How cool is that??

Users who are viewing this thread