Editing AFL live 2003

baps_satsangi

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've found an easy way to edit player names and stats :tease:
All you have to do is go to the afl live 2003 folder and open up Data001 with a Hex editor and search for the players last name. They stats are put in this order, all the stats are seperated by a comma.

##First Name,##Surname,##Short Name,##No.,##Player Status,##Ht(cm),##Wt(kg),##DoB,##Age,##Career Games,##Career Goals,##Career Behinds,##Starting Position,##Pos 1,##Preferred Foot,##Desire run,##Desire kick short,##Desire kick long,##Desire handpass,##Desire Punch,##goal rate,##Max kick distance,##Max kick accuracy,##Max kick accuracy shocker,##Field kick accuracy,##Field kick accuracy shocker,##Max handpass dist,##Max handpass accuracy,##Max handpass accuracy shocker,##Awareness rate,##Showoff rate,##Marking rate,##Pack contest rate,##Aggression rate,##Avoidance roll,##Tackle roll,##Marking roll,##Spoil roll,##Ruck roll,##Max player speed,##Player match stamina,##Player photo file,## player photo name,##Hair colour,##Facial Features,##Skin Colour,##Hair style,##Team Ranking,##Preferred Position

Example:
Gary,Ablett,Ablett,29,N,180,78,14/05/1984,18,0,0,0,NS,RV,R,17,14,12,10,19,76,51,60,4,75,3,17,97,3,67,6,24,36,1,14,23,10,13,7,8.5,90,2,##Ablett Gary,W,N,W,M,28,Midfield/Fwd

If any more people have edited parts of AFL live 2003 post what you did, and how to do it here.
By the way AFL Live 2004 is going to be released in soon. ;)

wackojacko

International Cricketer
thanks i needed that ;D:

but you cant download the dat file, its about 700mb big!!!

wackojacko

International Cricketer
i hope AFL live 2004 has folders like Cricket 2002 instaed of .dat files so its easyer to edit

A

Admin

You could use something called a patcher.

It compares two files and saves only the bytes that are different between the two. Your patch file will usually be a few 100 KB at max can then be downloaded and run by others as a simple exe.

There are loads of such programs. Just do a search in Google to find them.

One I suggest is Tolas patcher.

baps_satsangi

Club Cricketer
thanks that'll make it easier to make patches :thumbs:
Vineet could you also tell us how to extract .dat files because all of AFL lives data files are all in one .dat file :(

A

Admin

dat is a pretty ambigious format with people using th extension for pretty much any kind of data ie- a VCD file is a mpg file and C2k2 has dat files which are tgas or cfgs but both have the dat extension

So I cant say without taking a look at the files and I dont have this game, sorry.

baps_satsangi

Club Cricketer
thanks to vineet i got the patcher going and i've made 3 patches for AFL live 2003.

They're all for geelong
1) burns is deleted, and Makie is added
2) McGrath is deleted, and Callan is added
3) O'Brian is deleted, and Moloney is added

You would be able to download them from my new website which i should be ready tuesday :tease:

baps_satsangi

Club Cricketer
I found of that in images inside the AFL live dat file are targa images (.tga), don't know if it will be of much use though :unsure:

baps_satsangi

Club Cricketer
So if anyone wants any player updates let me know and i'll do them as soon as possible ;D:

baps_satsangi

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by wackojacko@Jul 13 2003, 04:03 PM
your wrong a bit.

the images for the kits are PNGs
Wackojacko are you sure that you're not mixed up between AFL live 2003 and cricket 2002? :o
Because i've checked to AFL Lives files and I'm pretty sure that they are targa images

Users who are viewing this thread