AFL Live 2004: Geelong's 2003 Journey (Preseason First Game Up)

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I've decided to do a Geelong story using AFL Live 2004, the game where every mark is a hanger worthy of mark of the year, where 70m torpedoes are more likely than handballs, but most of all, the game where mistimed marking attempts lead to players simply falling over.

Can Geelong's stars like Grgic, Lord, Kingsley and Finnin (to name but a few) take home the 2003 AFL Premiership Cup? Watch and find out!

haha look forward to this, dont forget the huge hangers when there is nobody under them or within 20 meters there just hanging mid air

Cats coach Thompson announces new addition to coaching staff
RF_geelong_1_gallery__470x299.jpg

Thompson leaves Skilled Stadium, the cats home ground, on Thursday after training.
aus5892hq5.jpg

An artists' depiction of aus5892
Geelong coach Mark Thompson has announced a new addition to his coaching staff for 2003. aus5892, also known as Dean, an experienced AFL Live 2004er, has been given the role of 'player controller' for the upcoming season. Thompson described the role as 'vital in a video game' and felt confident that Dean would guide the cats to premiership glory, to end a 40 year premiership drought.

Last edited:
The Wizard Cup begins
Geelong v Western Bullldogs

Wizard_Home_Loans_Cup_Logo.gif

Dennis Commetti: Here we are at... Geelong... for this opening match of the Wizard Cup. Both teams looking excited as they run onto the ground. Joining me in the commentary box is Gerard Healy.
GH: Thanks Dennis, great to be here.
DC: Let's have a look at some incredibly crap paintwork for the teams here:
team1mc4.jpg

DC: Two strong teams, who do you think will win?
GH: I'm going for... Geelong... they should have too much class.
DC: I'll say the same.

DC: Hostilities about to begin then as the players await the opening bounce.

Man this brings back some memories, still got this on PC, love the speckies with no-one around :P

What's KUTGW?

EDIT: I looked it up on google. Kids these days...

aus5892 added 12 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Dogs beat Cats in close preseason opener

Geelong has lost its first Wizard Cup match to the Western Bulldogs, going down in an unsurprisingly close match, considering the fact that the match was 2 minutes per quarter. The cats lost by 17 points in what player controller Dean called 'a rusty performance on hard setting.'

Geelong
Goals: Kingsley 2, Mooney
Best: Kingsley, Ablett, Corey, Mooney

Western Bulldogs
Goals: Darcy 2, Grant 2, Johnson
Best: Darcy, Grant, Johnson, Robbins

finalscoreds5.jpg

The final scorecard. 8 goals in 8 minutes isn't bad.

kingsleycelebratesww8.jpg

Kent Kingsley celebrates the first of his 2 goals, with a typical open palm robot dance

grantearlyscreamerae6.jpg

Chris Grant takes a screamer, one of the few taken that day that were actually near an opponent's back

giantweirdthingra7.jpg

The game was interrupted when a 10 metre tall streaker invaded the pitch. He was later identified as A.Glitch

playersleavegroundym7.jpg

The players leave the ground after the final siren. Insert witty joke here.

haha i love this, your doing everything so well if you've played the game you'll understand the humor in the bits like
DC: Two strong teams, who do you think will win?
GH: I'm going for... Geelong... they should have too much class.
DC: I'll say the same.

Haha I'm loving the commentary bits!
Nice work, I'm finding this really funny.

haha i love this, your doing everything so well if you've played the game you'll understand the humor in the bits like

I don't get it. Can you please explain it for those like me who don't have the game?

Users who are viewing this thread