Any ideas about this? - CPU Batting not agressive!Unwanted helmets!

A

Atul

Can anyone give me some help o the following pls.:

1. I play 10 over 1 day match and I want them to be more competitive.I play at county level.That so because I think at Test level the games are low scoring.What I mean is I want to play at county level, make big scores and somehow (help me with this) make CPU bat (not bowl) as good as me, rather better.ie. CPU is able to score somwhere around 140-150 runs in 10 overs.Btw I don't bowl (generate innings).
2.How can I get rid of helmets,caps/hats and arm guard?

edit the 1day10.cfg file. so that the six and agg fields have much higher values than the def and mod fields

On the contrary, bowling is the most EASY part of BLC. Just bowl an off stump yorker to the left handers and a leg stump yorker to the right handers coming round the wicket ( left armers over the wicket itself ) and watch the stumps rattle almost everytime.Its bcoz of this I stopped bowling in BLC, coz everytime I want a wicket I can do this.

If you know these deliveries take a wicket everytime, why do you keep on bowling them?
Just use some restraint and don't bowl these deliveries, i.e. bowl more realistic deliveries / line and length etc.
That way if you take a wicket with a different delivery, you get more satisfaction.

Editing 1day10.cfg only makes the batmen aggressive but they get out easily.
I agree that bowling is very very dumb. All one has to do is bowl overpitched ball on off or middle. In test level I have got the opponents all out fo as low as 18 or so.
What file modification will help CPU batsmen's batting skill?compbat.cfg? If so what modifications?

Hi Jonah,
The problem is that wherever you bowl, the cpu batsmen dont spare you.Even if you bowl a good ball, it is sure to go for four.So if we want to be in the game, we gotta get the batsman out.And when it reaches the slog overs the cpu batsman try to hit every ball for 6.It is sooo dumb.Just place some fielders in the outfield and you'll have them all out in no time.

I don't find myself being hit all around - but I do find that with manual fielding, you get too many run outs, but it is more fun.

Use my patch you will not be able to bowl the cpu out through that bowling.Computer will bash you on every bowl

Atul
instead of increasing the values in the 1day10.cfg file, instead try increasing the values of the cpurequest and cpureward fields in the compbat.cfg and county.cfg files.
Increase to really large figures.

Users who are viewing this thread