Anyone notice this in Cricket 2005?

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I play Cricket 2005 on hard mode on PS2 and have noticed that sometimes the timing of standard shots change from match to match. E.g. sometimes you get timing of a shot (cover drive) and manage to hammer boundaries with ease. But as soon as you start a new match, or reload the saved match and play the same match, the timing goes for a toss! With the same conditions (pitch, weather etc.) and against the same bowlers, you mishit the shots that were going for runs.

Let me give an example... I was playing against SA as Ind and after sometime started to get the cover drive right and managed to hit boundaries through cover region. I saved the game and when I resumed the innings the next day, I simply couldn't get the cover drive to work!!! I was either spooning the ball or it went straight to cover point. I have noticed the same when I finish a match and start a new one. Curiously, this off-timing bug doesn't work on the 'advance down the wicket shots' as I can time them the same way every time.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Seems like there's an internal 'timing meter' within the game that's reset to an arbitrary value whenever a new match is started or a game is loaded.

Hm, on C2K4 for a long time ago. I was Bangladesh and made 50 from 20 balls with Habibul Bashar playing a straight drive that went for an edge between the slips for 4! =/

alfa_beta said:
I play Cricket 2005 on hard mode on PS2 and have noticed that sometimes the timing of standard shots change from match to match. E.g. sometimes you get timing of a shot (cover drive) and manage to hammer boundaries with ease. But as soon as you start a new match, or reload the saved match and play the same match, the timing goes for a toss! With the same conditions (pitch, weather etc.) and against the same bowlers, you mishit the shots that were going for runs.

Let me give an example... I was playing against SA as Ind and after sometime started to get the cover drive right and managed to hit boundaries through cover region. I saved the game and when I resumed the innings the next day, I simply couldn't get the cover drive to work!!! I was either spooning the ball or it went straight to cover point. I have noticed the same when I finish a match and start a new one. Curiously, this off-timing bug doesn't work on the 'advance down the wicket shots' as I can time them the same way every time.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Seems like there's an internal 'timing meter' within the game that's reset to an arbitrary value whenever a new match is started or a game is loaded.

This is what totally ruins it for me, as well as being sluggish and horribly fiddly.

In the first innings of a test, I made 450 odd in a day against Australia, come second innings the timing was gone and I was 40 odd all out.

I'm glad to know other people have also faced this problem... I thought I was the only one who felt there was inconsistency in timing meter of this game or the problem was only in PS2 version.

In fact I am so distrustful of the inconsistency in timing for the standard shots (like cover drive) that I almost always go for 'advance down the wicket' shots... you will notice that advance shots don't have this problem. Even leg glance works the same way all the time.

It's still a pretty good game though... Don't know much about AI patches as I play the game on PS2 :(

stevie said:
This is what totally ruins it for me, as well as being sluggish and horribly fiddly.

In the first innings of a test, I made 450 odd in a day against Australia, come second innings the timing was gone and I was 40 odd all out.

Don't like a challenge then :p

For me that makes it better, maybe not realistic but challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread