Argh! problems (again)

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've got Boss' gameplay patch installed (which seems great btw).

The line-up bug was still there, so I installed Sam's V1.1 patch to fix that, which I think it did.

But then the CPU players started running themselves out again. So I reinstalled the runout-fix.

I tried to check if the line-up bug was fixed, but I can't get that far because the game crashes when I go through Autoplay.

Am I doing something wrong?

Do I have to install things in a certain order?

Have I missed a vital patch?

The lineup exe and runout exe are seperate and cannot be used at the same time. Sam is currently working on a patch which will, amongst other things, combine the two.
Game shouldn't be crashing when you autoplay unless you have done something funny with your lineups (quite possible if you loaded a .sav made without Sam's lineup exe and then autoplayed using the exe).

Game shouldn't be crashing when you autoplay unless you have done something funny with your lineups (quite possible if you loaded a .sav made without Sam's lineup exe and then autoplayed using the exe).

Ahh, I think that's it, thanks.

barmyarmy said:
The lineup exe and runout exe are seperate and cannot be used at the same time. Sam is currently working on a patch which will, amongst other things, combine the two.

I see. How do you actually play the game then. I'm trying to play a one-day match, saving after every over and reloading if they run themselves out. But they usually do it every 3 or 4 balls. I've just played for 15mins and not got through a single over without a ridiculous runout.

Everyone here has done a fantastic job making patches and making the game playable, but it really is the worst game I've played in my life. If you'd bought it and didn't have the means to download anything, you be put off cricket for life.

Which absolute morons decided the version of the game they released was good enough for people to buy. Do they not have testing? Did they not actually play the damn thing?!

Well I suggest u ought to wait for Sams new patch if you are so frustrated.

Or do what I do,use the runout exe for bowling,and when they are around 8/9 wickets down,switch to the lineup exe :)

gold639 said:
Well I suggest u ought to wait for Sams new patch if you are so frustrated.

Or do what I do,use the runout exe for bowling,and when they are around 8/9 wickets down,switch to the lineup exe :)
I think I gave nightprowler a tip like this..............

I just tried that, but the line-up is still wrong.

Maybe i need to start with the line-up fixing exe, then use the runout one, then back to the line-up before batting?

What a carry on!

The best way to do it is as follows:
Set the lineup using the lineup editor
Use the Runout fixed exe.

barmyarmy said:
but in a series when you select a certin squad the lineup does change- so select the .sav file in lineup editor.............

barmyarmy said:

That's what I've done, but for some reason that team changes at the pre-match screen.

Trescothick said:
That's what I've done, but for some reason that team changes at the pre-match screen.
My solution:
ZoraxDoom said:
but in a series when you select a certin squad the lineup does change- so select the .sav file in lineup editor.............

ZoraxDoom said:

Sorry, I don't understand...

The only files I've found to select in the editor are lists, e.g. England.lst

When you open the file to edit, instead of opening the roster.pak open the user01.sav (or whatever it's called). You have to change the tab from .pak to .sav in the open window.

You are both wonderful people and I hope only magnificent things happen to you and your families!

I think I have it working so that I can actually play!!

Users who are viewing this thread