ARRR!! Pitches problem!!

nik

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is my problem with some pitches i downloaded from josadatti and sunsumrat and 1 from dazza! i run my game under 640 X 840-32 bits, refresh rate = default, video screens on, shadows on, force LOD no, texture filtering trilinear, pitch detail on, gamma 50%. What can i do?! i have a dell dimension 2400 Pentium 4 CPU = 2.80gHz, 256MB RAM! I have an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller. I will post my screenshot in a mo ( i will edit post with screenies)

EDIT: here are the screenies, one is josadatti pitch and another is sunsamrat's, dazza's pitches are great! they work fine but look at these:

Attachments

• AnyC00023.JPG
    AnyC00023.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 76
  • AnyC00024.JPG
    AnyC00024.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I too have encountered the same problem. would love to know a solution.. i didnt care to ask for a solution and reverted back to the original fields.

I had the same problem, its not a graphics card problem. the problem is when reducing the size from 512X512 to 8x8. ive fix the problem i had but not to be disrespectful to the makers(who do a fantastic job) i didnt mention it or release a fix for the problem. the picture below is how mine looked after i fixed it, nik.

Attachments

• normal.jpg
    normal.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
This is just a guess as I havent made any pitches...but when pitch makers reduce the size to 256x256, 128 by 128 etc. they should not reduce the size in 256 colour mode but should change back to 16million colours (24bit) resize smaller, change to 256 colours and save. Then change back to 16m colours, resize smaller, change to 256 and save. This process should continue for all the sizes and hopefully after importing them they will be fine.

I hope people understand what I mean, anyone could do it on already released patches starting from the biggest size.

Ste

Ste said:
This is just a guess as I havent made any pitches...but when pitch makers reduce the size to 256x256, 128 by 128 etc. they should not reduce the size in 256 colour mode but should change back to 16million colours (24bit) resize smaller, change to 256 colours and save. Then change back to 16m colours, resize smaller, change to 256 and save. This process should continue for all the sizes and hopefully after importing them they will be fine.

I hope people understand what I mean, anyone could do it on already released patches starting from the biggest size.

Ste

There's a tutorial by Tom on how to do this kicking round on the site.

i have the similar problem as nik. can joesdatti and sunsamrat do this for us please.

nik I think you are trying to import some part of my pitches and some part of sunsamrat that is not right as I see from your screens you posted it clearly shows the middle part of pitch is mine and the other top is sunsamrat surely doing this you will get the error. Please import pitches all parts from the desired pitch makers and not partly and I am sure you want get this problem. Also Ste I will try the way you explained on how to resize files but I don't think that is the problem the problem is as I explained above.

Users who are viewing this thread