Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Report any bugs you find in the Final version ( not the demo )of the game in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several times one batsman runs, while the other doesn't. Although this does happen in real life, in the instances it's happened to me, it's just been a case of a simple single, or a two.

Paul Collingwood does not bowl at 55mph, nor does Luke Wright. I won't bother wasting my time listing all the other bowlers who bowl at speeds so different from real life. Jimmy Anderson and Broad bowl in the low 70s.

Sometimes at the start of an over a bowler will run through the bowlers end stumps, in one match I bowled Dhoni with Masca, as he didn't play a shot (didn't even get the leave animation). He was dismissed, but the over ticker didn't move. This happens fairly frequently with bowlers, you can remove it by changing the bowlers angle of attack, still a big problem.

I noticed a bug playing this on 4 players last night.

I was doing a RUN and dived in at the last second at the wicket keepers end, my bat was over the line and half my body was IN but I was given out by third umpire (although I dont actually think there is a third umpire in the game - cant remember as I skipped after watching replay once then it took me to the normal umpire who said out when it wasnt).

My body was definetly grounded.

Paul Collingwood does not bowl at 55mph, nor does Luke Wright. I won't bother wasting my time listing all the other bowlers who bowl at speeds so different from real life. Jimmy Anderson and Broad bowl in the low 70s.

Bowling speeds for other nations can be tweaked/adjusted/fixed via Player Editor within the game. This is done via changing the Fast-Medium to Fast and you don't need to change any points. So its not an issue with the rest of the world players. Although, you can't edit Australian and English squad for the very same reason.

but cant you gain skill points by playing and just increase andersons speed with them?

Sometimes at the start of an over a bowler will run through the bowlers end stumps, in one match I bowled Dhoni with Masca, as he didn't play a shot (didn't even get the leave animation). He was dismissed, but the over ticker didn't move. This happens fairly frequently with bowlers, you can remove it by changing the bowlers angle of attack, still a big problem.

Can't believe they didn't pick up on that, I found that bug after my 3rd game in the demo.

Bowling speeds for other nations can be tweaked/adjusted/fixed via Player Editor within the game. This is done via changing the Fast-Medium to Fast and you don't need to change any points. So its not an issue with the rest of the world players. Although, you can't edit Australian and English squad for the very same reason.

Not the point. The game isn't completed. We shouldn't have to finish it ourselves! :D

but cant you gain skill points by playing and just increase andersons speed with them?

You can't alter English and Australian players skills.

Game is out on ps3 on OZ, found heaps of bugs

I can't believe this game was released with so many bugs,
1. bowlers running through the stumps
2. the 3rd umpire gets it wrong so many times
3. both batsman run to the same end too many times
There are many others
also catching the ball is a pain, but thats not a bug.
I was very dissapointed with the graphics, there not next gen, the ps3 can handle heaps better than this. I think EA CRICKET 10, if coming at the end of the year will kill ashes cricket 2009

Waste of 99.95

Wrong footwork on full balls, you go for a front foot shot but the computer plays a defaulted back foot hook, which usually ends with an out bowled or LBW. This bug occurs countless times against the spinners. Could be a game killer online...

That is with using manual footwork. That's the problem. I can take a video of it later (and then spend ages trying to upload it ;)) if you want.

I can't believe this game was released with so many bugs,
1. bowlers running through the stumps
2. the 3rd umpire gets it wrong so many times
3. both batsman run to the same end too many times
There are many others
also catching the ball is a pain, but thats not a bug.
I was very dissapointed with the graphics, there not next gen, the ps3 can handle heaps better than this. I think EA CRICKET 10, if coming at the end of the year will kill ashes cricket 2009

Waste of 99.95

So you're going to rely on EA then? Good luck with that one.

help needed!!
hi guys,,whenever i start the game it gives the error
"this application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found"

can somebody help me out... or provide me that file "d3dx9_30.dll"
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread