Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

game just glitched out on me big time:doh

batsmen would stop running iin the middle of the pitch as if theyre safely in crease.also i could run them out.WTF?:eek:

check out the screens
Face the same issue today. I was able to make 8 run-outs because of the same bug within the same match. :eek:

Yeah but if you dance down the wicket and miss in real life what are the chances you'll get home anyway? The only ones you have a chance to get back in with are the front foot shots that you miss and your back leg lifts up, which happens in the game.

O I wasnt saying that it wasn't realistic I just didnt notice it in the game. Granted real life u want to get bacl knowing u've missed it. I didnt expect it or see it hence y I posted here. I thought it was a problem but not, it wernt a critism of the game once clarified.

yes, i faced the same run out glitch too where batsman stops running halfway.

i do found a way to stop it though (but only if i am batting)

first i press the run switch and then cancel the run right before the batsman stops running....so he just go back without stopping the run in midway. from the next ball everything is back to normal. i can not promise this would work for everyone, but this works for me.

Don't know if anyone has seen this before but I managed to break the stumps at the umpires end while bowling. Don't know if its a bug or Johnson getting too close to the stumps, if it is the latter then its nice to see the realism.

60023d1249290205t-demo-impressions-thread-broken-stumps.jpg

I hope this is only cause its a demo but this is now a serious bug. I could bowl batsmen at the start of the over by moving Johnson closest to the stump. The batter wouldn't even respond resulting in them being clean bowled.

I have tried my hardest to get the ball worn 75% to try reverse swing. Unfortunatly I always bowl the CPU out due to run outs. At first I bowled a good line and length and the openers played sensibly, as they started running themselves out I bowled really bad balls and was punished rightly so. However I was only able to get to about 50% wear before they were all out.

There is no way that Transmission would have overlooked this bug. I am sure they play tested the hell out of the game, they had to have seen this!

Has anyone been able to use reverse swing yet? How is it

Attachments

• scorecard.jpg
    scorecard.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 31
well firstly i must say there are plenty of them (bugs)
1) Hawak Eye graphics were way too fast after pitching
2) Slowmotion has some jerks when you hit it for the maximum
3) after taking wicket (catch) there is only 1 replay which shoud be thrice,twice at least.
4)when we take a catch some time we can whatch it in the camera frame and sometimes we cant(catch replays must be like six hit's with the catch taker in the middle of the screen or in the good view)
5)there is no helmet bhehind the keeper
6)fielders close in with same walk no randomness in their moves
7)catching timer should be fixed according to the distance and speed and the one who is about to catch it which is not correct (i took one catch whlie running towerds midoff while the reticule is green and exact same with red, not red exactly
8)when catch goes to the keeper he dropes it when the color is brown and same catch he takes it with the brown reticule
9)some time catching reticule dosent turn into green (all diffculty modes)
10)and some time it disappears quickly(in all diffculty modes)
11)no revers swing after 30-35 overs

suggestions
1)we/user must have ability to save taken catches/wickets and sixes
2)we/user must have ability to appeal for LBW (since it is very edegy now batsman misses quiet often )

friends pls post your comments on this post if u really liked it

{[|V|!|P|E|R|]}

Last edited:
well firstly i must say there are plenty of them (bugs)
1) Hawak Eye graphics were way too fast after pitching
2) Slowmotion has some jerks when you hit it for the maximum
3) after taking wicket (catch) there is only 1 replay which shoud be thrice,twice at least.
4)when we take a catch some time we can whatch it in the camera frame and sometimes we cant(catch replays must be like six hit's with the catch taker in the middle of the screen or in the good view)
5)there is no helmet bhehind the keeper
6)fielders close in with same walk no randomness in their moves
7)catching timer should be fixed according to the distance and speed and the one who is about to catch it which is not correct (i took one catch whlie running towerds midoff while the reticule is green and exact same with red, not red exactly
8)when catch goes to the keeper he dropes it when the color is brown and same catch he takes it with the brown reticule
9)some time catching reticule dosent turn into green (all diffculty modes)
10)and some time it disappears quickly(in all diffculty modes)
11)no revers swing after 30-35 overs

suggestions
1)we/user must have ability to save taken catches/wickets and sixes
2)we/user must have ability to appeal for LBW (since it is very edegy now batsman misses quiet often )

friends pls post your comments on this post if u really liked it

{[|V|!|P|E|R|]}

1) Did not notice that

2) It is supposed to, they are trying to make it look cool

3) not a bug

4) minor bug, probably more angles in final version

5) not a bug

6-10) you just suck at catching. The amount the circle changes colors is different based on the fielding ability of each player.

11) reverse swing is only after 75% wear, not 35 overs.

Most of what you mentioned are not bugs but rather complaints about graphics or misunderstanding of how to play the game.

Try the legends mode and get some practice.

since no body has reported anything this horrid in the full game, I think they have he the massive run out bug.

This was on the demo, on hard

Attachments

• runns.jpg
    runns.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 20
1) Did not notice that

2) It is supposed to, they are trying to make it look cool

3) not a bug

4) minor bug, probably more angles in final version

5) not a bug

6-10) you just suck at catching. The amount the circle changes colors is different based on the fielding ability of each player.

11) reverse swing is only after 75% wear, not 35 overs.

Most of what you mentioned are not bugs but rather complaints about graphics or misunderstanding of how to play the game.

Try the legends mode and get some practice.

hmm but dude i tried it on four machines
result is almost same, and as you mentioned about fielders ability its not as you are thinking
let me tell you why, remember i mentioned catch taken by keeper (i was playing for england so the keeper remains the same in the demo mr. prior
so his ability will remain same all the time.
i m not forceing my views but i must say pls try it out once more in all diffculty modes all i want is best game of cricket
and i will do whatever i can to make it like so ;)

Last edited:
since no body has reported anything this horrid in the full game, I think they have he the massive run out bug.

This was on the demo, on hard

Thats horrendous. But on the positive side the guys with retail version are reporting a far lesser amount of run outs

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series apperntly a $350 card isnt good enough to play this game?? pathetic anyway to fix it?

I played the demo over and over. I noticed that

The AI is not good at all....
They only reduced the outfield speed and thus made batting difficult.

I came to the above decisions because :

CPU doesn't play according to the match condition.
One Example: They need only 2 runs to win from 5 balls and 10 wickets remaining, with the default "hole-fields" and they defend all the balls. They didn't even try to attack or run, but defended. Is this the best AI???:eek::eek::eek:

This is only one example, but most of the play were like this.

Probably this was because of the TEST and the demo.:hpraise

60023d1249290205t-demo-impressions-thread-broken-stumps.jpg

I hope this is only cause its a demo but this is now a serious bug. I could bowl batsmen at the start of the over by moving Johnson closest to the stump. The batter wouldn't even respond resulting in them being clean bowled.

I have watch this, Johnson was bowling and Broad was batting :laugh he broke the stumps while bowling and Broad was standing like a noob :p the ball roll down to the stumps and Broad didn't even move.

Users who are viewing this thread