Ashes Cricket 2009: A rant

sunnykinger

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
well
there are bugs reported by eveyone who has played this game
there are positives in the game too
i dont remember if anyone can see anything better in blic 2005 and 2007 except graphics
but this game has more than graphics guys
much better than the old versions released by codemasters
well yea
BLC 99 .....tht is just a legend game of cricket
i loved playing it
sounds were so realistic
anyways
back to ashes 2009
tranmission games will be having an eye on the review
and i hope that they ll release some kind of patch to fix these bugs

sunnykinger added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

so i would say
CODIES STICK WITH TRANSMISSION GAMES
THEY WILL MAKE THE BEST CRICKET GAME EVER IN FUTURE

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Looks like a good cricket game after many years. If Transmission can release a patch for the major bugs, then this game will reach heights that none of the other previous cricket games has achieved.

Its too long to wait for another 2 years or so to get these bugs fixed up in next release. As this is the way its happening in the last two release where they did not took any steps/actions on the bugs which we reported.

Waiting optimistically for a news on the patch from codies/Transmission.:spy

P

pcfan123

Go back and play BLC99 then. Some of you lot will never let it go.

I just downloaded the demo for BLC99 and tried to play it. I got a bloody headache in 5 minutes because of how slow it is and of course the graphics.

This is the best cricket game that has ever come out gameplay wise.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Err.. I find this rant a bit stupid. I know for all it is,the game is not perfect! But come on they have really done a decent job, haven't they?

How many times people used to curse EA because AI would never score? Here at least the AI is scoring something good. Don't expect an 100% perfect AI none of the games including FIFA got the best AI until many iterations.

The only major bug is the runout bug which hopefully will be addressed by them with a patch.

If you want to return the game that's up to you but such type of rants only demoralize transmission and members here!

How on earth do you expect to get multiple iterations when Codemasters keep on shuffling game developers and starting with a new game engine every few years?

Ok, so let me get this straight. My rant demoralizes transmission folks, whose JOB it is to develop the game. I mean they get paid to do this stuff and if I may say so their testing group definitely needs a kick up their a$$. And folks like us, who spend good money on these games, are supposed to take it lying down every couple of years?

Maybe it's because the cricketing fans are way too forgiving that the game developers & producers keep on taking us for a ride. I for one do think that I deserve a better product than what is currently available for the price I am paying.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, BLIC 2007 wasn't exactly a good foundation, was it? Unless you like baseball games.

Andy150

School Cricketer
I totally agree. I get tired of people who say this Transmission's first attempt. There are such basic flaws in this game just as there has been in many of the previous rubbish. Any programmers / testers who appreciated cricket would find them unexceptable. Remember this game still retails for full price and in this day and age we should expect a game which covers the basics of the game, especially when we get fed so much crap about how realistic it is and how much they read the forums. My opinion is if they cannot produce a realistic game then don't rip of thousands of fans with such an untested, unfinished effort.
End of rant!!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So you'd rather be stuck with EA's recycled efforts, instead of an effort that's actually going somewhere (albeit a flawed effort)?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
How can yo say this rant is stupid mate you probably dont even own it.
Yes there are a few major improvements on previous games but innaccurate bowling speeds, no stats tracking, bizarre shot animations, crap sounds to name a few are just schoolboy errors and many of these were better in BL99 and for the producers to turn around saying that things from the demo would be changed and then not, well its just lies,lies from tiny eyes.
I am finding the game reasonably enjoyable but ive only spent about 7 hours playing it, what is it going to be like a month down the line? I guess only time will tell

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
How can yo say this rant is stupid mate you probably dont even own it.
Yes there are a few major improvements on previous games but innaccurate bowling speeds, no stats tracking, bizarre shot animations, crap sounds to name a few are just schoolboy errors and many of these were better in BL99 and for the producers to turn around saying that things from the demo would be changed and then not, well its just lies,lies from tiny eyes.
I am finding the game reasonably enjoyable but ive only spent about 7 hours playing it, what is it going to be like a month down the line? I guess only time will tell

I didn't say the rant is stupid, that was someone else. :sarcasm

Err.. I find this rant a bit stupid. I know for all it is,the game is not perfect! But come on they have really done a decent job, haven't they?

How many times people used to curse EA because AI would never score? Here at least the AI is scoring something good. Don't expect an 100% perfect AI none of the games including FIFA got the best AI until many iterations.

The only major bug is the runout bug which hopefully will be addressed by them with a patch.

If you want to return the game that's up to you but such type of rants only demoralize transmission and members here!

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
The realing frustrating thing about the game is that the bugs we're so obvious - any small amount of beta testing from anyone who knew a little big about cricket would have found them long before release.

I played around 10 demo matches, and it was immeadiatly obvious (given that it appears the AI was acting as it would in full test matches - rather than as we thought at the time a modifcation for the demo). The AI batted way too fast, the bowlers speeds were wrong, the backfoot to a full ball problem, the run outs, and the bounce problem.

These aren't major things, but there the only issues stopping this being a very good raw game. And Transmission have ruined it by not rectifying these issues - which were so obvious.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The realing frustrating thing about the game is that the bugs we're so obvious - any small amount of beta testing from anyone who knew a little big about cricket would have found them long before release.

I played around 10 demo matches, and it was immeadiatly obvious (given that it appears the AI was acting as it would in full test matches - rather than as we thought at the time a modifcation for the demo). The AI batted way too fast, the bowlers speeds were wrong, the backfoot to a full ball problem, the run outs, and the bounce problem.

These aren't major things, but there the only issues stopping this being a very good raw game. And Transmission have ruined it by not rectifying these issues - which were so obvious.

PC Gamer printed an article not too long ago stating that developers often know about bugs, but ship the game anyway because they know they can easily patch them down the line. Remember, the game was out very late for the Ashes, so they probably thought they better release it before the series ended! If that's the case, I'd expect patches.

Sorry masterblaster thats my fault for not quoting

Cool, it's an easy mistake to make. Apology accepted. :)

Users who are viewing this thread