PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Also the climat has effect on this... At my place it is about 40 to 45*C during day.:( You expect me to go out and play cricket in such conditions:eek: so that is another reason why we play video games...

Also the climat has effect on this... At my place it is about 40 to 45*C during day.:( You expect me to go out and play cricket in such conditions:eek: so that is another reason why we play video games...

Whats with your signature about Sachin Tendulkar's son? WEIRD.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, i also thought that was a bit over the top from him...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
So you'd rather nothing posted in this thread?
I'd rather people stick to asking questions about the game. Before I go along to Transmission Games to test it, I'll be compiling a list of questions and either asking directly, or playing the relevant parts of the game to find out some answers.

So if you still have a question not answered, that isn't something like 'when is the demo/video/screenshots coming out?', post here.

P

pcfan123

how about if they have added any of the newer twenty20 shots like the paddle etc. i never played blc07 but im sure they already have the reverse sweep right?

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I want to know how much details in the game. We already know that crowd size decrease and increase but can the weather change during a day/night odi, like sunset lights gradually coming on etc?

vishalsparadise

Club Cricketer
new to planetcricket

hai everyone..am new to PC

just got in n read few forums..am really excited about the game and cant wait for it to arrive whenever they feel its ready to be released (in july ofcourse)..

in the last BLIC game after the CPU won the toss , the almost always elected to bat not taking the condition of the pitch or whether playing under the lights into consideration..:eek:..will the improved AI in this version choose to bat/bowl taking such parameters into consideration..?

is there ball physics implemented..?

will there be downloadable content..?..i know this has been asked before..still this is my first post and including everything that came to my mind..!

did they actually drop any features from BLIC2007..just to know that feature was my favourite..:D

wen playing offline with two players , i mean for the same team , can each player press the running button individually..am asking is it the batsman that has to call for the run and press the switch for both runner and batsman or can each player individually press the running button..that would be fun , like one calling the run getting out of the crease while the other say no and stays in his crease..:p

are there improvements in running between wickets..i've read there is a dive button but other than that anything else..like different batsmen running at different speeds , i mean the runner reaching the other end quicker than the batsman..!

thats it for now..i dont think am asking a little too much but am sure all will be answered wen u play the game..!
hope i get a reply soon..just crazy about cricket and now ashes 2009 the game..:happy

coolz_hari

International Coach
If the player names are renamed .Will the commentator calls with the original player name /will there be an option to select popular cricketer's names?

stevo1

Club Cricketer
I want to know how much details in the game. We already know that crowd size decrease and increase but can the weather change during a day/night odi, like sunset lights gradually coming on etc?

I'll ask them.

Sagramore

School Cricketer
Could someone find out whether it is possible to bat from the batman's perspective - ie either in first person or maybe third person with the camera up and to the right a little? I always find controlling a batsman from behind the bowler's arm a bit un-realistic.

vishalsparadise

Club Cricketer
few more questions..;)

will there be different animations wen batman completes his half century/century or wen a bowler takes a hattrick or a five wicket haul..?
it would be amazing if the commentry was up to the task of cheering all these saying things like "thats a hattrick for the bowler (if name is said , better) , and a well deserved one for his bowling figures of 3 for 10 in 6.5 overs":D

thats a little too much i guess..i've always loved listening to good commentry..for me its eually important as the game in real life..!

am surprised no one has commented on my long posts..am i not doing right in telling all this..:eek:

khan31

International Coach
Just one question (probz been asked 18374 times already):

Can we leave the ball without losing confidence? I didn't see the point of the "leave" button in past games as it simply means we failed to hit the ball resulting in lost confidence.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Do the commentators acknowledge the special performances in the game? Like a triple century,breaking laras 400 record,hattrick,double hattrick,first over hattrick,6 sixes in an over etc...

max_dillon2007 added 5 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Does the game has force feedback support for game controllers?? I know this is a smallfeature but it can add to the overall gameplay experience. A sweetly timed four should cause little vibration while a mistimed shot shold cause more vibration. and soo on.

What is the level of optimization in the game?? ITshould be playable on low end pc to increase sales, but it should not prevent the gamers who have hig end pc to enjoy high def graphics. So are their very low and very high settings in the game??

Wat kinda unlockables are present in the game? Are their legends to be unlocked?

Are they plnnig to release a SDK and some tools along with the game or online to help the mods?

max_dillon2007 added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Do the players from india call betwen wickets in Hindi? Sri la nkans in Tamil?? It looked unrealistic in previous games to see indian players calling in english all the time.

Would the wicket keeper and slips do some chatter during intse period of gameplay?? Even a small murmerring sound would dop good in intense period to create realistic atmosphere

max_dillon2007 added 6 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Whats with your signature about Sachin Tendulkar's son? WEIRD.

Well that's to annoy Kingpieterson. He is in love with KP.

On topic:

Do the crowd acknowledge player when he walks back after playing a great inning??
Does playing in nets increases the stats of custom player?? Coz in real life it does increase players skill.
Can we select the different type of celebration for our custom player while creating it???
Two most important questions :

1)Can we leave ball without loosing confidens??

2) Is there stats tracking in the game?? There is no fun in playing by creating a custom player whne you just cannot track his stats.. If possible ask " Are there any Team Rankings and player rankings in the game"?

Users who are viewing this thread