Ashes Cricket 2009 Hub code

onikrulz

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been having this Error Report on windows XP each time I click on the Ashes Cricket 2009 shortcut, although the game only runs if my internet is connected. Codemasters gave me some solutions, now they have asked for a cd/dvd hub code can anyone show me a pic of where on the Ashes Cricket 2009 dvd I can find my hub code?

Turn your disc over, look at the bit where the hole in the disc is, there will be some fairly small text about 1cm above the middle with some numbers and letters, which is presumably what they are talking about.

Tip - if the back of your disc is purple, you probably won't get any further with Codemasters Support.

Lol, meaning purple is pirated copy and silver is original? Ok and how does hub code help a developer determine what the problem is I didn't quite understand good sir.

They are just checking you have a legal copy, only a pressed disc will have something written in that spot. It helps them determine whether it isn't working just because it's a pirated copy, or whether it is actually an issue that needs fixing.

What's pirated copy got to do with my error anyway, I downloaded the demo from Codemasters UK official site and faced exact same problem, internet connected - game runs, offline - Error report. I'm using Windows XP and adminstration privileges.

They don't want to be providing support to people who pirate the game, and it also helps rule out the issue being a result of copy-protection circumvention.

Of course if it is an issue with the demo as well, then that probably has nothing to do with it, but there's no harm in just giving them the code.

Ok well I found codes on the underside of my dvd, outer ring and inner ring both have codes that start with I or ENR whatever and then numbers are these the 'hub codes'? Is that like a serial key that they match with some numbers in their database about dvds with these numbers being published by them? Or just to check if I have a hub code I'll be mailing them the code once they reply. Oh and by the way, when is the patch by Transmission coming out? Will we get to know what the patch will fix before hand bro?

Not entirely sure exactly what they use them for, but I'm sure they'll have a list of the various formats the numbers/letters are in (which differ based on which country the disc is from) and match it up against that.

I'd just email them all of what you can read off the back, should satisfy them. Only had to deal with Codies support once, and the problem was solved from the first email, so I can't help you on their exact processes.

As for the patch, don't have an answer on those. I'd expect they won't be saying anything until they are ready to release, because don't want the pressure of a deadline creating more bugs in a patch. They are of course reading the threads here so hopefully the major issues will be addressed, but again, I can't answer that because they don't have an answer for it. I expect it to be months not weeks, but that's just speculation.

That was very helpful now I know that at least they working on a patch. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread