Ashes Cricket : Nintendo Switch?

AnkitC

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Simple question, as the title suggests. Why has the franchise not been ported to the Nintendo Switch already?

I mean, I'd pay a premium to have the game on the handheld. Apart from the Digital Triggers, the Switch also seems quite fit to run the game. Considering the number and kind of games being ported, don't think this game would be too difficult to port. So why really?

@MattW @BigAntStudios

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To be honest, people have been keen on having the DBC and Ashes Series on the Nintendo Switch Platform, including Big Ant itself.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/big_ant_studios_would_love_to_bring_ashes_cricket_to_switch

As "Symons" says that Nintendo didn't exactly respond much, but, you'd also have to ponder the sales, as the Switch has been bought a lot in the United States, and in the Americas, but US leads, and, US is a country where Cricket is unfortunately not that popular, and the "USACAA" or whatever the hell its called is mostly filled and and ran by Desi expats, and half the time you see them on ESPNCricinfo, its either expulsion, board elections, the elections postponed, and such. USA's best players are also expats, and its 1 best native player, Steve Taylor, wants to play for West Indies now.

But, the point is, Big Ant sees its a great opportunity, yes, but, you have to see it from a financial standpoint as well, and a lot of factors, such as in which countries are the Switch sold a lot, and, frankly, most of the Switch "hotspots", are in countries where Cricket is not played that much, barely heard of, or no one knows what the hell it is and no one plays it.

And, optimizing the controls for the Switch isn't exactly that hard, but there are quite a few controls in the gameplay, which I think would be hard to convert into the Switch's controls (unless I'm being dumb),

So, all in all, it'd be great to see it on the Switch, yeah, but a lot of factors would have to be considered before they make the move, and I, to be fairly honest, don't think it'll happen unfortunately, due to the fact that Switches are sold a lot in countries where their nation is an Associate team, and mostly expats watch, or is barely or never heard of.

But, you never know, do you?

Users who are viewing this thread