Ati Catalyst 8.3 Driver

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone here using a Ati graphics card i would strongly advise you to upgrade to their latest 8.3 drivers offering massive performance and quality improvements seemingly across the line of their products.

Another bonus for CrossFire users is the introduction of the Radeon HD 2000 and 3000 series' edge detect anti-aliasing capabilities to be used in Super AA modes, allowing you to run 24x edge detect AA on two graphics boards in tandem to give the theoretical equivalent of 42x anti-aliasing. Of course, it'll need a lot of processing power but hey, at least the option is there for you to use.

As of now only the tent modes (Narrow Tent and Wide Tent) will work with SuperAA. The maximum AA level is 32x with 16X+Wide Tent.

It looks awesome, even cricket 07 looks gorgeous at these ridiculously high AA levels. I wait with trepidation for 42xAA. :onpc

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Does it apply to low end cards like mine ?

I have Radeon Xpress 200 (256MB Integrated PCI)

Does it apply to low end cards like mine ?

I have Radeon Xpress 200 (256MB Integrated PCI)

Well, its worth a try. I had never even heard of your graphics card, but after looking at Ati's site, it is supported in the 8.3 drivers. It seems to be equivalent or slightly faster than the Radeon x300 card.

Well, its worth a try. I had never even heard of your graphics card, but after looking at Ati's site, it is supported in the 8.3 drivers. It seems to be equivalent or slightly faster than the Radeon x300 card.
Actually it based on Radeon X300 so it runs most of the games which support Radeon X300. The difference is mine is a integrated card with 256MB of memory.

Actually it based on Radeon X300 so it runs most of the games which support Radeon X300. The difference is mine is a integrated card with 256MB of memory.

Cool, let me know if you see any improvement in quality or performance. ;)

I dont think he would. The major portion of performance improvement in these drivers is for CrossfireX. Drivers for his card matured long long ago. And he cant even use the new AA modes.

Well my friend who has an X1800 has seen improvements of 30% in some games, and the image quality is a huge improvement, so you never know.

There should be no improvement in my card because the max AA supported is 6x (thats too low :p)

Will it make much difference to my radeon x1950 pro?

The improvement should come in terms of image quality (at any setting) and performance improvement.

I think this is a result of Ati submitting questions when you download their drivers for the past couple of months. They asked whether you wanted more image quality/performance or stability etc etc.

My girlfriend saw decent improvements with here measly x1650 pro lol.

Download it Dude, you have little to lose but a lot to gain.

Will it make much difference to my radeon x1950 pro?
As Gas says, what do you have to lose, apart from a bit of time while it installs (its not what I'd call speedy). I have a 1950 and I've updated. Thanks for the heads up Gas, I'd have missed it :)

Yup you should install it. Anyone with a radeon should.

Users who are viewing this thread