Australian Domestic Cricket

Looks like Holland really fires the ball in there as his stock ball with the odd ball flighted. Can't see if he is getting turn as he's at the wrong end of the camera.

Maxwell looks like he's throwing darts as well. Not much flight going on.

Warriors in a quite remarkable win. I would never have thought they had it in them. Liam Davis is having some season.

Maxwell looks like he's throwing darts as well. Not much flight going on.

Oops lol was actually meant to say Maxwell not Holland. He looked pretty hard to get away and had a couple of chances. If he'll be threatening at the next level is another question though.

----------

f me, Warne, Hogg, now MacGill? Benaud will be playing soon..

He might as well come out of retirement full time and help our spin stocks out :p

Bollinger's had a good day with the ball against Qld, ripping through the top order. All the batsmen got a start, so hopefully a couple of our guys can go on with it when this last wicket falls. Our batting line-up looks a bit weak with half the team in Saf though.

Nice reward for Starc who had a really good opening spell. Bollinger was all class in particular his spell after tea.

Yeah 5-fer for Starc, not bad at all. At least we've still got a wicket taker when Bollinger gets the call-up. Hopefully the local boy Hazlewood can come through in the second innings.

If we lose Bollinger we should gain Cummins. Starc can be a bit hit and miss like Johnson so you wouldn't want to depend on him. Not like Hazlewood not to get a wicket but he did cause some problems.

Maddinson out for a duck, this was a good chance for him to show he deserved a spot in the Aus A side.

Hmm yeah, Starc averaging 35 in FC, I thought he was a bit more solid than that. Well if nothing else, we've got a crapload of youth on our side with Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins.

Time for Cruickshank to put his doubters (me) to rest by saving us from this woeful start.

Why do you have doubts about him? Only thing I have against him is his age which basically rules him out of Australian contention. But seems we don't have any more youngsters to throw in and you do have to reward grade form at some point.

Pretty much just the age thing. I figure if he didn't show enough talent in the last 10 years, he probably doesn't have it in him. I really don't have any background info on him though, so maybe he took a break early on for studies or something. Hopefully I'm wrong about him though.

----------

Forgot to add that his age might even be a blessing for us, if he can perform well and doesn't make the Aus squad, he could be a permanent fixture for us.

Can't really say if NSW have achieved anything yet. In Qld's last home game, 280 was enough to make Tassie follow on.

If we lose Bollinger we should gain Cummins. Starc can be a bit hit and miss like Johnson so you wouldn't want to depend on him. Not like Hazlewood not to get a wicket but he did cause some problems.

Maddinson out for a duck, this was a good chance for him to show he deserved a spot in the Aus A side.

Got to agree about Starc, he's hardly your strike bowler yet. It will improve his figures cleaning up the tail. He needs that, gets his tyres pumped up in the press all the time and I can't tell why.

Users who are viewing this thread