Australian Premier League XIII

Another flop show with the bat.
We just kept gifting wickets away but that's what the pressure of chasing a huge total can do to you.
We need the senior pros to step up and show the young guns how it's done.James Hopes is having such a quiet season that even if he sneaked out of the field to catch The Office on TV,nobody would notice him missing.
James Franklin was the only player who showed some character and the will to fight.

Tbh I actually thought 285 was a bit short with the bat after our start and their bowling attack, but I was glad to be proven wrong. Trott and Sangakkara were both outstanding with the bat, before our bowlers managed to get the job done after dishing up a real mixed bag.

Line-ups at the social group guys - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/groups/287-6642.html#gmessage41136

Stats and standings up on the first post, have also added the All Stars series into the fixtures and who ever is at the top of the table at that specific time will get to manage a team, or as a coach you can pass it on to your team manager or another team owner. I am thinking about allowing trades up until round 8 or 9, 2 or 3 max including both free agent and team to team. I have added 4 players to the local player list too - Marcus Stoinis, Chris Sabburg, Burt Cockley, Brad Young.

I will finalize everything over the weekend.

Not good enough. All I have to say. Was a game we should have won looking at the difference in quality between the teams but our batsmen just couldn't score fast enough

another good effort, great to see ponting making runs and of course another good game for styris set up another win for us.

For trades looking to give away Blizzard for a Premier fast bowler.

Quite happy with the win. The Warner-Dravid partnership was dreary but it did the job and Kallis and the skipper scored excellent fifties to give us a good solid first innings post. Steyn was key in that victory as he removed the top 3, not allowing them to set themselves and he didn't give much away.

It felt so good to beat a healthy looking side and with a nice margin as well. Batting was perfect with that Hughes-Hussey partnership laying a strong foundation. Rest others then capitalized. Allenby-Vettori swift stand at the end got us to 308. Bowlers were credit-worthy there. That was a batting pitch but they still performed so well. Voges & Hopes were sent for an early bath. We also made sure Callum and Morgan didn't do much damage. Allenby and Krejza starred with the ball in particular. We took perfect advantage of the pressure which was on them.

By the way everyone, I realize it's christmas time and everyone's busy. I won't be putting it on hold but there is absolutely no rush or pressure to come online and post a line-up. If I send you a VM it is just procedure and a little reminder. Things will most likely be pretty slack on my end until after new years.:thumbs

By the way everyone, I realize it's christmas time and everyone's busy. I won't be putting it on hold but there is absolutely no rush or pressure to come online and post a line-up. If I send you a VM it is just procedure and a little reminder. Things will most likely be pretty slack on my end until after new years.:thumbs

No problem mate, Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

Users who are viewing this thread